News Article: Son of Canucks GM Jim Benning attacked outside Yaletown nightspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Vancouver police were called to an assault in progress around 2 a.m. outside the Banter Room

The son of Vancouver Canucks general manager Jim Benning was hospitalized following an alleged assault outside a Yaletown nightspot early Sunday morning.

Danica Benning, the daughter of the Canucks GM, posted on Instagram that her brother was attacked by four men while the two were waiting for an Uber outside the Banter Room at 1039 Mainland Street.

More:
Son of Canucks GM Jim Benning attacked outside Yaletown nightspot | Vancouver Sun

Danica.jpg

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Scary stuff. I've learned to always keep your guard up and avoid sketchy situations. Attacks like these can happen to anyone at anytime. Heck this summer I was attacked in an alley by a meth head with a knife. Situations like these change you permanently at your core. I hope Bennings son and the rest of his family can fully recover!

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Hopefully his family is okay both mentally and physically. Even though we don't know the cause of this incident and regardless how you feel about Jim as a GM, I think we can all agree that harassing or assaulting him or his family is despicable. It's despicable no matter the reason.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Persians? Who the hell would recognize Persians on sight? Who even calls it Persia now?
Persians are Iranians, and Persians is not a slur. It's possible that she had previous contact with the guys, or maybe even she recognizes Persian dialects.

I wrote a historical essay about the relationship between the US and Iran that went viral about 15 years ago. Someone in Iran read it and emailed me and asked if I'd mind if he translated it into Persian.

So, just saying, even Iranians say Persian.

Dural

Jul 1, 2013
Persians? Who the hell would recognize Persians on sight? Who even calls it Persia now?

I'm sure Canada has some department that can get to the bottom of the proper terminology when describing people who almost killed your family member.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Hopefully his family is okay both mentally and physically. Even though we don't know the cause of this incident and regardless how you feel about Jim as a GM, I think we can all agree that harassing or assaulting him or his family is despicable. It's despicable no matter the reason.

I haven't seen anything that mentions the reasons. Just that he was jumped outside a nightclub. I haven't seen anything that makes it seem like it was hockey related.

I have wanted Benning fired since 2016, but I would never want any harm to come to Benning or his family. Anyone that does needs some serious help.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
Persians are Iranians, and Persians is not a slur. It's possible that she had previous contact with the guys, or maybe even she recognizes Persian dialects.

I wrote a historical essay about the relationship between the US and Iran that went viral about 15 years ago. Someone in Iran read it and emailed me and asked if I'd mind if he translated it into Persian.

So, just saying, even Iranians say Persian.

I've never heard Persia as a modern reference only as an ancient one. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad