News Article: Son of Canucks GM Jim Benning attacked outside Yaletown nightspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Something's bothered me for a long time. Botchford blocked me on Twitter. I have no idea why or when that was. I was a follower of his on Twitter and a fan of his so that really bothered me. When he died I went to his Twitter page to discover I was blocked. The only possible reason I could think of was that he did it out of solidarity with Andrew Walker, because I tore a strip off Walker once when he posted a modeling photo of his below a sports tweet. It was ridiculous. I called him Fabio and that really pissed him off. Now that I've read your post I realize I may have been wrong. I guess it will remain a mystery. Or it could have been a mistake I guess.

Botch went at Walker hard in the provies/armies/twitter etc. I can't see him blocking you over that, if anything that feels like something that could have appeared in one of his aforementioned outlets.

Granted they eventually warmed up to each other, or perhaps they hammed it up from the start, but I really can't see him blocking you over that. Who knows though.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Those losers will get busted ASAP. So many cameras nowdays... I am sure they can pull video from nearby and ID these losers...

I am definately not woke. I have been in my share of late night dust ups... but not once did i manage to get to look at my dance partners family history.....

Police need to do their job. No resort to racist media attempts that only harm individual ethnic communities

Terrible take. Maybe one of the worst posts I’ve read all year. Her post was not racist at all. Believe it or not, people don’t all look the same. Asians look again. Caucasian’s look caucasian. Blacks look black. Europeans look Europeans. Middle easterners look middle eastern etc etc etc etc. pretending to not see color doesn’t make you you a good person , it makes you a hypocrite and try hard

Discriminating against races makes you a racist. Aknowledging different races doesn’t. You don’t have to whisper when you say “that Italian cleaning lady” or “that Mexican chef”.
She knows she’s Italian. He knows he’s Mexican. It’s not a bad thing. It’s an adjective no different than “that guy with the moustache”.

if a an overweight guy with no hair breaks in to your house and the police ask for a description are you not allowed to say “bald” (offensive to bald people) “heavyset” offensive to overweight people etc etc.

just stop already. People have races and cultures. Pretending not to see them doesn’t make you a good person.

Last edited:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Well hopefully the kids alright and the team plays better because of this incident. I wonder if Jim is on the roadtrip or in BC.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Describing Canadians by their family ethnicity.... just seems racist.

If my family is 4th generation from Italy..... you don't need to refer me in the paper as a guy with Italian ethnicity..... I am 100% Canadian.

We are all Canucks.

It is not racism if the description is accurate and the purpose is to identify the perpetrators. If you are a 4th generation from Italy and a suspect you would be identified as a Caucasian. If the victim caught the suspect speaking Italian that would be important information.

It kind of amazes me that the first thought after reading this news is that the sister is racist.

Reactions: sting101

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
As a non-Persian who is often mistaken for being Persian, I give zero shits when that happens lol

I would never accuse someone as a racist over something like that

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I've never heard Persia as a modern reference only as an ancient one. Thanks.

You are not from the North Shore then.

We have many Persian Grocery stores Persian Restaurants etc.

North Van looks quite a bit like Tehran so many Iranian immigrants move there.

Tehran:
d41586-018-07580-x_16300882.jpg

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I recall a few years ago, this guy I don't like, his name is Milan Lucic and of course we know he's from East Van, and of course, we all know he lives in Vancouver in the off season.

He gets into a fight in downtown a few years back, because he's "Milan Lucic" got into a fight with drunk night wanderer, sometimes Vancouver is a shit city.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I recall a few years ago, this guy I don't like, his name is Milan Lucic and of course we know he's from East Van, and of course, we all know he lives in Vancouver in the off season.

He gets into a fight in downtown a few years back, because he's "Milan Lucic" got into a fight with drunk night wanderer, sometimes Vancouver is a shit city.

You think drunken idiots with liquid courage is exclusive to Vancouver??

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Botch loved a good twitter block, then he would unblock you if you got someone to ask, It was one way he interacted with the fans. I know I would get a kick if I asked him to unblock someone and he did

Unpopular opinion but Botchford didn’t die from cancer , or heart attack or covid. Things he couldn’t control. It’s sad for sure but it’s also selfish. The guy had 3 young kids and a wife and clearly wasn’t strung out. He was a recreational cocaine user. He got a bad batch cut with fentynal. He wasn’t an addict in need of help. His wife and parents didn’t know …. He was a selfish guy that wanted to party thinking he was invincible vs making a better decision for his young children who are now fatherless because daddy wanted to party. It’s sad , but let’s relax with the public park benches etc. give those benches to people who’s lives were taken from them too soon, and didn’t contribute to that. The people that didn’t have a choice in it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I hope this is not hockey related. To be honest regardless what it is, it’s f***ing stupid. So sick of this shit. This gang mentality , get in a group and think you’re a tough guy. All 4 of these guys live at home with their moms still and have their lunches made for them.

Welcome to British Columbia where gangs and criminals can roam freely and operate with impunity. The justice system is a total joke and there are no deterrents to being a thug or asshole.

This is why I have avoided the Granville strip and any late night bar locations the past few years.

Reactions: Hyzer

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Welcome to British Columbia where gangs and criminals can roam freely and operate with impunity. The justice system is a total joke and there are no deterrents to being a thug or asshole.

This is why I have avoided the Granville strip and any late night bar locations the past few years.

people in this thread don’t help either tho. Gives more power to the thugs. Like when they made a huge deal about “BCs 6 Most wanted” and 5 of them were indo Canadian and people were up in arms saying the article was singling out indo Canadians meanwhile …. 5 of the 6 top gangsters WERE indo Canadians. It was a fact. We’re they supposed to include 1 of every race to appease people?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

An allegedly intoxicated Lucic also got into an altercation with police in Boston during his prime hockey playing days. Look it up. So maybe there are two sides to that story in Vancouver. This isn't to say there are no real asshats in Vancouver (there obviously far too many).

Last edited:
Reactions: lawrence

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Media: *makes movies portraying Italians as gangsters for 100 years*
Also media: "you can't single out an ethnicity and call them gangsters!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad