Recalled/Assigned: Soderblom to GR

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Not sure why they recalled him. Hadn't really done much for the wings and could use more development time in the AHL

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not sure why they recalled him. Hadn't really done much for the wings and could use more development time in the AHL

I know. If anything I was expecting Pontus Andreasson to make his debut as our 4th line center while Joey V moved up to Larkin's spot.

Kubalik - Veleno - Perron
Berggren - Rasmussen - Raymond
Sunny - Copp - Erne
Suter - Andreasson - Czarnik (no more than 8 minutes TOI for this line plzkthnx)

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Without larkin, we are basically screwed lol
Larkin, Bertuzzi, Vrana, Fabbri is basically 4 top 6 forwards injured. RIP

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
20 million on IR. Possibly more if Larkin is injured. And this is the toughest time of the season for Detroit. This team might have to make a trade to get some help.
I wouldn't make any trade that we wouldn't make in the offseason. 100% needs to be a hockey trade with our planned compete window in mind. '23 is not in our compete window.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I kinda get the impression that Soderblom was mostly just sent down for conditioning having not played in a month rather than a desire to actually have him in Grand Rapids in any sort of longer term sense

Reactions: 14ari13

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I kinda get the impression that Soderblom was mostly just sent down for conditioning having not played in a month rather than a desire to actually have him in Grand Rapids in any sort of longer term sense
Had the Wings been healthy, he might have stayed though with how well Berggren has played. With us having Czarnik up and the need for another body on top of that, yes, it makes no sense to keep him down there.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I wouldn't make any trade that we wouldn't make in the offseason. 100% needs to be a hockey trade with our planned compete window in mind. '23 is not in our compete window.

It would be a hockey trade. Something to help the team stay afloat until reinforcements come back from injury.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It would be a hockey trade. Something to help the team stay afloat until reinforcements come back from injury.
This season doesn't matter. If it's not a move we'd make in the offseason, don't make it now.

Trying to force ourselves into the playoffs this season is as shortsighted as trying to keep us in the playoffs in '15.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
This season doesn't matter. If it's not a move we'd make in the offseason, don't make it now.

Trying to force ourselves into the playoffs this season is as shortsighted as trying to keep us in the playoffs in '15.

You’d play Fabbri over Vrana, Bertuzzi, Kubalik, Raymond and Berggren? I wouldn’t.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You’d play Fabbri over Vrana, Bertuzzi, Kubalik, Raymond and Berggren? I wouldn’t.
What? I've had him penciled in for whatever trade package we can get for a player with no knees.

? He played 373 games in the NHL, which is at least as significant as the likes of Breen or Finley.
1671061665186.png

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He played center with Ray and Bert last season and looked better than Copp did this season with them. He's the only one that has played center on your list.

If he can still skate at full speed, then I would consider playing him at center once he gets his legs under him (so to speak).

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Not sure a single goal changes anything. He still looks like he could use time in GR
I agree. I wouldn't have brought him up and, if not for all the injuries he likely would have stayed in GR.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Watching this guy not engage physically will be the same frustration as we see with Ras and saw with Mantha. Heck of the 3, Mantha was the most physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad