Recalled/Assigned: Soderblom to GR

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Dude sucks.

Just kidding.

I'm still just angry about last night's Hulu/ESPN fiasco :ha:

There will be more injuries, hopefully Elmer performs well enough to get called back up eventually. Gonna be tougher now though, with Berggren having grabbed a spot.

Reactions: 13to40

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I like his game. Hopefully its for some conditioning and gets sent back up to the big club replacing Suter or something. Would like to see him as well as Berggren in the lineup even if we are fully healthy

• Wow
Reactions: H3ckt1k

Dresden

Nov 8, 2022
Elmer needs playmakers on his line. Never liked the Redwood line. Just because he's big doesn't mean he plays big. And they are all slow. He also needs more ice time. Good move.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I always wonder what ELC players think, when you get injured on NHL side.

You'll get high NHL salary, but are unavailable to play.

Then you get healthy, and will be relegated to AHL, and your salary will drop to ~10% of that NHL salary.

Reactions: Ulysses31

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Tage Thompson did a couple of stints in the AHL and look at him now, just have faith on the big boy.
This^

Also when you’re a bigger body, it traditionally takes a bit longer to develop and hit your full potential. Elmer still looks like a lanky girafe out there with Bambi legs; similarly to how Ras looked earlier in his career. A bit of conditioning can change that. Nonetheless, I think this guy becomes one of our best draft picks from the past few years.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Tage Thompson did a couple of stints in the AHL and look at him now, just have faith on the big boy.
Exactly.

He'll be just like Tage Thompson, because they're both really tall. That makes no sense at all.

Just like Filip Zadina was going to be just like Nikita Kucherov was a similar refrain.

Just let the develop into himself.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Exactly.

He'll be just like Tage Thompson, because they're both really tall. That makes no sense at all.

Just like Filip Zadina was going to be just like Nikita Kucherov was a similar refrain.

So a big boy with great hands but having problems in his overall game is a stupid comparison to Tage? Alright, my bad for being optimistic, hes the next Puljujärvi just f***ing bury him or get a 7th rounder in a trade for him.

Reactions: 14ari13

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Exactly.

"really tall" is underselling it a bit

Soderblom is a Winger but just to put things into perspective a bit:

Thompson

i'm not normally the type to make a big deal about size but a 6'7" skilled Center? it's an understatement to call that rare, it's basically unique

I just went and looked at the top 100 in Center scoring last year and literally the only other guy that was even above 6'4" was Kevin Hayes and he's 6'5" so still 2 inches shorter

Thompson literally has 3-4 inches on the likes of Getzlaf/Thornton/Kopitar/Malkin that people usually think of when they think of big skilled Centers

and Soderblom is even taller than Thompson is

not to say he'll be as good as Thompson but size comparables are basically nonexistant other than him

like...... I have no idea if this is true or not but it's possible that Soderblom is the tallest forward in NHL history

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Yeah, I was kidding bud. He's a lot stronger now, but I don't expect him to fight at all.

He needs to learn how to carry the puck out of the D zone instead of playing hot potato and passing to the closest teammate. Hopefully Simon and Fester are on the same page as far as the transition game goes so that whatever he learns in GR translates to the WIngs. I have not watched any GR games this season.

I expected him to get sent down, he's got a lot to learn on the defensive side of the game, especially if he's going to be paired up with Raz who plays a lot in defensive situations.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I was kidding bud. He's a lot stronger now, but I don't expect him to fight at all.

He needs to learn how to carry the puck out of the D zone instead of playing hot potato and passing to the closest teammate. Hopefully Simon and Fester are on the same page as far as the transition game goes so that whatever he learns in GR translates to the WIngs. I have not watched any GR games this season.

I expected him to get sent down, he's got a lot to learn on the defensive side of the game, especially if he's going to be paired up with Raz who plays a lot in defensive situations.
It was end of the shift I believe and Elmer was tired, anyway big skilled man could have target on his back, just because and he needs to be ready for all kinds of bs

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
good grief, glad yzerman added depth this offseason

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 10.33.15.png

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad