Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Meant to ask you this ages ago, but how would your youth depth chart look for the US, order by realistic potential? Something like:

FW: Weah | Wright | Sargent
W: Pulisic | de la Fuente | Amon | Taitague | Pomykal
AM: Parks | Carleton | Pomykal | Taitague | Booth
6: McKennie| Araujo | Booth | Adams | Durkin
FB: Acosta | Adams | Robinson | Araujo | Cannon
CB: Palmer-Brown | Carter-Vickers | Glad | Araujo

?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'd say yes, some people like Vinicius Jr better, though. Depends on if you still consider a guy like Lautaro a prospect too, he's the best player in SA alongside Luan, imo.

I still consider Lautaro a prospect of course...but if Rodrygo is getting compared to Neymar than he blows Martinez out of the water no?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I still consider Lautaro a prospect of course...but if Rodrygo is getting compared to Neymar than he blows Martinez out of the water no?

In terms of upside? yes, Lautaro is the better player right now, though. If we talking about what they can become, I'd take Rodrygo then Vini then Lautaro. Lautaro has the highest floor of the three, imo.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In terms of upside? yes, Lautaro is the better player right now, though. If we talking about what they can become, I'd take Rodrygo then Vini then Lautaro. Lautaro has the highest floor of the three, imo.

Yeah, I always look at who has the highest potential when looking at prospects. Regardless, of how likely they will reach it. From what I've seen of Lautaro I expect him to be in the Kun lite tier. Great but just not a guy that can carry a team. Ala Suarez with Liverpool.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Yeah, I always look at who has the highest potential when looking at prospects. Regardless, of how likely they will reach it. From what I've seen of Lautaro I expect him to be in the Kun lite tier. Great but just not a guy that can carry a team. Ala Suarez with Liverpool.

I could see Lautaro become as good as Dybala in a different position. Kid is a killer finisher and he could work beautifully in a number 10 role given his dribbling, pace and vision. Plus, he works his butt off. There are very few strikers with that kind of skillset.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I could see Lautaro become as good as Dybala in a different position. Kid is a killer finisher and he could work beautifully in a number 10 role given his dribbling, pace and vision. Plus, he works his butt off. There are very few strikers with that kind of skillset.

You think he can be as good as the best player in the world lool?

Both should be deployed as 9, that's where they are best at. In 2022 though it will be interesting with Messi taking less of a role

Martinez
Lo Celso-Dybala-Correa/Lanzini/Barco/Messi
Paredes-Ascacibar
Tagliafico-Mammana/Martinez-Foyth-Bustos
Rulli/Werner

Now that's a respectable well balanced team. Shame some of them can't be incorapated now and that backline is too young.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Both should be deployed as 9, that's where they are best at. In 2022 though it will be interesting with Messi taking less of a role

Martinez
Paredes-Ascacibar
Rulli/Werner

Now that's a respectable well balanced team. Shame some of them can't be incorapated now and that backline is too young.

Joaquin Pereyra from Central will be a big-time player. They call him the next Lo Celso. Watched him in the Sudamericana when Central faced Sao Paulo a month ago and he controlled the pace of the game, very combative and technical little player.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Joaquin Pereyra from Central will be a big-time player. They call him the next Lo Celso. Watched him in the Sudamericana when Central faced Sao Paulo a month ago and he controlled the pace of the game, very combative and technical little player.

Just googled him he's 5"11 what's little about that lool. He's had 1 senior game central to his game? You're that confident in him?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Just googled him he's 5"11 what's little about that lool. He's had 1 senior game central to his game? You're that confident in him?

I swear he looked like 1,70cm... nice dribbler and a very elegant player. He's played in like 14 Superliga matches last season + some in the Sudamericana. He looked great on the ball.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meant to ask you this ages ago, but how would your youth depth chart look for the US, order by realistic potential? Something like:

FW: Weah | Wright | Sargent
W: Pulisic | de la Fuente | Amon | Taitague | Pomykal
AM: Parks | Carleton | Pomykal | Taitague | Booth
6: McKennie| Araujo | Booth | Adams | Durkin
FB: Acosta | Adams | Robinson | Araujo | Cannon
CB: Palmer-Brown | Carter-Vickers | Glad | Araujo

?

Thats kind of close to what I'd have with some small variations.

GK: Steffen|Hamid|Bono
RB: Yedlin|Cannon|Lindsey
CB: Palmer-Brown|Glad|Miazga|Carter-Vickers
LB: Acosta|Robinson|Saief
6: McKennie|Durkin|Trapp
8: Parks|Booth|Delgado
10: Carleton|Pomykal
LW: de la Fuente|Amon|Taitague
RW: Pulisic
CF: Weah|Sargent|Wright

I'll cap it at players through 2001 because the others are just too far away, but there are already some big prospects in younger age groups.

Didn't list Adams, Araujo because too much is up in the air about what positions they play, but both belong somewhere here. Adams will be the RB starter, if he becomes a full-time RB. Araujo is probably a 6, but what if he grows? He also hasn't played as a 6 before. I can't juggle all that, so I'll leave him out for now.

Brooks is a starter at CB, if his traveling emergency room clears him to play and he stops wilting against CONCACAF minnows. But a lot of variables there. I like Chandler as the best RB for now, but everyone else hates him because they think he's not committed to the NT. I think he's probably done getting call ups.

I have a hard time ranking the younger CB's because we are already pretty good with young CB's and they are just considerably behind for now, but I wouldn't rule out Akanyirige, Richards and McKenzie from that list. I'll keep keeper to mostly older players because players usually develop later. Its just too hard to know, especially when they are mostly youth players. If there are less than three listed at a position, its because the back ups come from players already listed. Third 10 is probably Pulisic. Second and third RW are probably Pomykal and Taitague.

Reactions: cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I swear he looked like 1,70cm... nice dribbler and a very elegant player. He's played in like 14 Superliga matches last season + some in the Sudamericana. He looked great on the ball.
Ah I was looking at his past states. Just checked transfer market he's played that many games. I'm guessing I'll see more of him next year in the U20s.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Martinez
Paredes-Ascacibar
Rulli/Werner

If the FBs can provide enough width this would seem lethal:

Lautaro - Dybala
Messi
Lo Celso - Paredes
Ascacibar
Tagliafico - Foyth - Mammana - Bustos
-----------------------------
Lautaro - Dybala
Lo Celso ---- Messi
Ascacibar - Paredes
Tagliafico - Foyth - Mammana - Bustos
-----------------------------
Lautaro
Lo Celso - Dybala - Messi
Ascacibar - Paredes
Tagliafico - Foyth - Mammana - Bustos​

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ah I was looking at his past states. Just checked transfer market he's played that many games. I'm guessing I'll see more of him next year in the U20s.

What do you think of Milton Valenzuela? He's been one of the best newcomers in MLS so far this season. Barco has been slowed by injuries, but I'm sure he'll be back up to speed eventually.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If the FBs can provide enough width this would seem lethal:

Lautaro - Dybala
Messi
Lo Celso - Paredes
Ascacibar
Tagliafico - Foyth - Mammana - Bustos​

I like this team better than the actual team Sampa has.. minus the backline this would probably be a better team lol. Question do you have any interest in managing the AFA? No experience needed just ask Batista or Maradona. You can't be worse than them... or Bauzo.

What do you think of Milton Valenzuela? He's been one of the best newcomers in MLS so far this season. Barco has been slowed by injuries, but I'm sure he'll be back up to speed eventually.

Watched him at both youth tournaments good in the SA world championship but like most of Argentineans a no show in the WC. Still he has potential he just most likely pissed it away moving to America. Although FB is a tragedy for the AFA so he might still make it lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He’d be a huge prospect if he was doing to his own age group what he’s done this season for the U17s, nevermind how many years he’s playing up.

I hope he has good people around him, cause if he keeps his head straight, develops well & stays healthy; the kid could win multiple BdO’s

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He’d be a huge prospect if he was doing to his own age group what he’s done this season for the U17s, nevermind how many years he’s playing up.

I hope he has good people around him, cause if he keeps his head straight, develops well & stays healthy; the kid could win multiple BdO’s

LMAO Classic CGF.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
LMAO Classic CGF.

If he keeps his head straight, develops well, & remains healthy, he could :dunno: But please ignore all of those conditions and continue misrepresenting what I said ;-)

And it's actually really atypical for me for me to mention that trophy for any German prospects. Draxler is the only other I've said had the raw talent to ever win even a single BdO, and that was predicated on him becoming an RVP (or later-CR7) like forward...not stagnating for 4-5 seasons, leaving him now little better than he was as an 18-year-old.

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad