OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Is Messi leaving Barca for real, for real?
Barcelona have stated that they are committed to building a strong club around him, but he did hand in a formal transfer request.

I think it's likely that he'll leave if it is confirmed he can go on free transfer. If his buyout clause is confirmed, there are only a handful of teams that could afford it, so that will make it a little more difficult, but still possible.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Barcelona have stated that they are committed to building a strong club around him, but he did hand in a formal transfer request.

I think it's likely that he'll leave if it is confirmed he can go on free transfer. If his buyout clause is confirmed, there are only a handful of teams that could afford it, so that will make it a little more difficult, but still possible.

hmm. I've been a Barca fan since the mid-90's (when I started watching soccer, & most other sports). I'm going to miss him terribly if he does leave. The 2014-2015 Barca season was one of the most enjoyable seasons I've ever seen from any of my favorite teams (in any sport). I will never forget that season for as long as I live.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Man, Barcelona are shaping up to be a total mess. They better gone they invest the Messi money well, otherwise La Liga is gonna look like Serie A for a while.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Third Kit is perfectly on brand for me this year.
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F08%2Fjuventus-third-kit-2020-21-orange-010.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't know how to feel. I don't like the person.

Suarez agrees deal with Juve - Balague

Barcelona forward Luis Suarez has agreed to join Juventus, reports BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Suarez will move to Serie A on a free transfer - or perhaps a nominal fee - if he can negotiate his release from the Spanish giants.

The Uruguayan has a year to run on a contract he signed in 2016 but if he played 60% of games during 2020-21 it would be extended for another year.
Suarez would be happy to be paid off with one season's wages.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Uh, Messi says he’s staying now. Wut?

I read he gets a 63M loyalty bonus if he finishes out the contract. On top of that, he could walk completely scott-free with no potential legal ramifications to the team of his choosing, and make it easier for the team to afford to pay the wages he demands.

My guess is that City doesnt want to risk another FFP "punishment", so theyll just wait a year, then pay him extra wages, or give him a stake in the oil company instead of paying to get him out now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I read he gets a 63M loyalty bonus if he finishes out the contract. On top of that, he could walk completely scott-free with no potential legal ramifications to the team of his choosing, and make it easier for the team to afford to pay the wages he demands.

My guess is that City doesnt want to risk another FFP "punishment", so theyll just wait a year, then pay him extra wages, or give him a stake in the oil company instead of paying to get him out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad