OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
espn is very good to the mls
we all know espn covers the sports they have the rights to, hence the dearth of any sort of coverage of the nhl. maybe they done em dirty here but footbawl is still king.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
espn is very good to the mls
we all know espn covers the sports they have the rights to, hence the dearth of any sort of coverage of the nhl. maybe they done em dirty here but footbawl is still king.

ESPN had the rights to the NHL for a very long time, and they NEVER even slightly prioritized it on their flagship entity, Sportscenter. They could have led the way in increasing interest in hockey - while at the same time helping themselves earn more money - and they failed miserably. They allowed their smug anchors, who have always thought they were cute for not caring about hockey (and soccer), to totally marginalize it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
ESPN had the rights to the NHL for a very long time, and they NEVER even slightly prioritized it on their flagship entity, Sportscenter. They could have led the way in increasing interest in hockey - while at the same time helping themselves earn more money - and they failed miserably. They allowed their smug anchors, who have always thought they were cute for not caring about hockey (and soccer), to totally marginalize it.

I used to particularly like when a great play like Hart's save against the devils was a #8 on top 10, and a alley-oop with no defenders back would be #1.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I used to particularly like when a great play like Hart's save against the devils was a #8 on top 10, and a alley-oop with no defenders back would be #1.

This is one of my most massive triggers (not the top 10, but just the coverage or lack thereof on Sportscenter). I sat there the whole time and watched ESPN grow, then bloat, and the baseball coverage was great, the football coverage was great, and the hockey coverage was not only diabolical, but self-defeating. Drives me completely crazy to this day.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Selfishly, I'm ok with Spurs losing. Realistically, we have no shot at the title, so our competition losing is a benefit to us. Also, give me a liverpool title over a city one any year. Last thing this world needs is more more ammo for people to keep pretending like Guardiola is some sort of coaching godsend.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Boom! COYS

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad