OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
The funniest thing about him is that years ago his transfer to Real Madrid only fell through because their fax machine didn't work.
And years later he still is with Manchester United.
"Broke".....

I wish it had bloody worked. I've never been one for shitting on a player going through a bad spell, but this "bad spell" is now two years.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
"Broke".....

I wish it had bloody worked. I've never been one for shitting on a player going through a bad spell, but this "bad spell" is now two years.
Did it start at the World Cup in Russia? I know he was pretty disappointing in that tournament.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
De Gea has still performed at an "average" level this year. Same as last year.

But yeh... 2016-18 were two of the best back-to-back years ever for a Prem goalie. Anything will look bad compared to them.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
De Gea has still performed at an "average" level this year. Same as last year.

But yeh... 2016-18 were two of the best back-to-back years ever for a Prem goalie. Anything will look bad compared to them.

I think the problem is people (myself included) will remember the mistakes more than the greats, and DeGea has had a lot of mistakes. I distinctly remember him making saves he likely shouldnt have made this year as well, but that game Sunday will be what I remember his recent performances by. I'm not sure he 's 'done' by any means, i just think its time for a change of scenery. The issue becomes where does he go?

If Courtois had a bad season I couldve seen a Real move, but thats out of the cards now (also, f*** Courtois). I suppose a move to PSG wouldnt be awful as hes guaranteed a trophy and CL every year, they can match wages, and it appears PSGs keeper is on the way out. Barcelona cant seem to tie down ter Stegen currently (but im set on hoodwinking them in a Kepa+Cash deal, so im ignoring this option). City and Liverpool are both set, though i doubt hed go either place anyway. Maybe back to Atletico if they bump their heads and decide to move on from Oblak? Not too many high-class options these days.

Reactions: BigToe

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I'm done being a united fan until he's gone from this club.

30 years I've been a fan. Near enough seen every game. Pogba is the definition of everything that is wrong at Manchester United.

Reactions: Starat327

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Cardiff and Swansea making the playoffs is the most unbelievable scene of this entire 2020 season.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I was hoping that when i woke up today I wouldnt remember, but I still cant get over just how terrible Kepa was yesterday. He made DeGeas sunday performance look passable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad