OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
I liked this, but losing to West Ham is equally (or more so) shameful. I didnt mind the Sheffield loss - at least theyre a decent team. The West Ham one was inexcusable though.

Tbh, I'm not really that much into soccer, I didn't see a minute of either game.

I am supporting Chelsea, but mostly just keeping track of the scores and the standings.

Reactions: Starat327

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I guess Hull wants to get demoted from the Championship. Down 7-0 to Wigan at halftime. :laugh:

The score has brought Wigan's goal differential to even for the season. :laugh:

Odd story at Wigan.

Wigan are a relatively well run club with significant cash reserves and a owner who loves them, but he puts them up for sale. The new owners have passed the EFL's 'fit and proper' test but they immediately hand over ownership of their company to a couple of new people, one of whom doesn't actually seem to exist by any paper trail. The club are suddenly and without notice put into administration in July, only 4 weeks after the sale.

After the sale, the head of the Football League is caught on camera talking about the rumour that there's a sizeable bet (MILLIONS) on in the Phillipines that Wigan are relegated. Wigan's main team sponsor? KB88, a Filipino gambling company. In the EFL, putting a club into administration comes with a 12 point penalty and this takes them from relative safety in mid-table... to the relegation zone with three games remaining.

They're 7-0 up at half time against the team effectively one spot above them and this will take them out of the relegation zone again. Mental stuff.

Bastard, haha

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Hull are insane too. Sold all their best players in January and the other good ones won’t play now because they’re off at season’s end and don’t want to jeopardise their next move. They’ve only won once in 2020 I believe.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Isnt this the first time Arsenal beat a top 5 team in like 5 years?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Starat327

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That Bruno nutmeg to set up the insurance goal... Wow.

I do want to say my perfect scenario would be missing out on the top 4 and after everyone goes Nelson Muntz we win the Europa League to both qualify and win a trophy, a master class in trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad