Soccer/Football Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The guy has been paid over half a million euros a week almost his entire career. You would think that he would be willing to take quite a substantial discount to stay at Barca

He did.

Signed a pre-contract for 50% of his last wage. Which is - under Spanish law - the biggest reduction someone can take. And then Barca pulled it as even with that they could not afford it.

He is a greed tax-cheat for sure. But it seems he also certainly wanted to stay at Barca.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He did.

Signed a pre-contract for 50% of his last wage. Which is - under Spanish law - the biggest reduction someone can take. And then Barca pulled it as even with that they could not afford it.

He is a greed tax-cheat for sure. But it seems he also certainly wanted to stay at Barca.

Yeah, the dude did everything he could. And he has hardly been the problem at Barca. His marketing and jersey sales more than covered his salary. Its the failed 'other' signings that are sinking Barcelona - Dembele, Griezmann, Countinho, etc.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
PSG didnt try to break away from CL, so they get to do whatever they want, apparently. Organized Football is the most corrupt sport on the planet.

It is very corrupt.

But Spain have stricter rules to be fair. PSG are technically going to be within fairplay rules. But also PSG have just been better managed than Barca financially over the last few years.

They had a ~370m wage bill vs Barca's ~540m last year. Barca have just been reckless idiots. Even with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe at PSG, and Barca's squad being pretty weak and now no Messi, Barca will still be spending considerably more on wages next year.

Barca's wage bill was more than their club income last year. Which is f***ing insane. Even without Messi it will be 95%... when La Liga rules say it should be 70%. France will be introducing 70% in 2 years apparently as well. So third year of the deal might cause problems...

but in 2018-19 pre-pandemic PSG were around 80%. A lot more sustainable than Barca.

500 million euros of debt now. Despite being one of most profitable clubs on planet a few years ago. Criminal tbh from their board.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It is very corrupt.

But Spain have stricter rules to be fair. PSG are technically going to be within fairplay rules. But also PSG have just been better managed than Barca financially over the last few years.

They had a ~370m wage bill vs Barca's ~540m last year. Barca have just been reckless idiots. Even with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe at PSG, and Barca's squad being pretty weak and now no Messi, Barca will still be spending considerably more on wages next year.

Barca's wage bill was more than their club income last year. Which is f***ing insane. Even without Messi it will be 95%... when La Liga rules say it should be 70%. France will be introducing 70% in 2 years apparently as well. So third year of the deal might cause problems...

but in 2018-19 pre-pandemic PSG were around 80%. A lot more sustainable than Barca.

500 million euros of debt now. Despite being one of most profitable clubs on planet a few years ago. Criminal tbh from their board.

Oh, for sure it's a better run club. I'm just curious where PSG is actually getting its money from, and if the wages reported are true wages. I've seen reports that there are some 'off-shore dealings', but I can't say I 100% believe them, either.

Just seems like a place that has had not too many notable sales and a lot of inbound players(albeit, this summer mostly on a free) to be able to balance the old fashioned way. That's all.

I wholeheartedly concede Barca is a mess, though. Their board has set that team back a decade at least.

Reactions: Appleyard

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It is very corrupt.

They're megalomaniacs. Both Barcelona and Real Madrid. No wonder they're so desperate to get the Super League going. They need the money.

Paris has had quite the summer. Donnarumma, Ramos, and now Messi. But great players don't always make a great team.

Reactions: Appleyard

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Yo, my previous brand/category/responsibility, stop it

upload_2021-8-11_22-0-8.png

Adam Warner on LinkedIn: #lays #messi #GOAT | 67 comments

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Oh, for sure it's a better run club. I'm just curious where PSG is actually getting its money from, and if the wages reported are true wages. I've seen reports that there are some 'off-shore dealings', but I can't say I 100% believe them, either.

Just seems like a place that has had not too many notable sales and a lot of inbound players(albeit, this summer mostly on a free) to be able to balance the old fashioned way. That's all.

I wholeheartedly concede Barca is a mess, though. Their board has set that team back a decade at least.
Well PSG is the team where their owners hired Neymar as a nation spokesperson for $250 million or so so he could pay his own transfer fee to circumvent the fair play rules,

I wonder if PSG revenue is tied directly to the Qatar Sports Investment group so then they would never be worried about outspending revenue. Not sure if that is even legal but I’m sure those goes are pumping “false revenue “ one way or another to be able to max spend

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well PSG is the team where their owners hired Neymar as a nation spokesperson for $250 million or so so he could pay his own transfer fee to circumvent the fair play rules,

I wonder if PSG revenue is tied directly to the Qatar Sports Investment group so then they would never be worried about outspending revenue. Not sure if that is even legal but I’m sure those goes are pumping “false revenue “ one way or another to be able to max spend
Must be run by Enron.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Everyone ready to see Seattle Sockeyes-owned Brentford kick off the PL campaign by hosting Arsenal? :naughty:

I have never really had a PL club, but the Quackverse may have spurred me on to choose one. Leicester was the only team I half heartedly rooted for and that's because one of my best friend's parents are from there and he has been a lifelong fan... and since they're not a big club, it was easy to cheer for the Foxes.

But now, go Bees!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad