Soccer/Football Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The soccer gods were unkind to help Scotland clinch a spot in a major tournament for the first time in a quarter century only to be placed into a group where they will inevitably lose to England (*barf*).

They've already found themselves on the wrong end of the highlight of the tournament. By some miracle, I hope they can pull off a 1-0 win tomorrow off of a Kyle Walker own goal. Preparing for an ugly 3-0 loss, though.

@1865
@Appleyard

Please don't gloat too much tomorrow. :laugh:

Reactions: kudymen

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The soccer gods were unkind to help Scotland clinch a spot in a major tournament for the first time in a quarter century only to be placed into a group where they will inevitably lose to England (*barf*).

They've already found themselves on the wrong end of the highlight of the tournament. By some miracle, I hope they can pull off a 1-0 win tomorrow off of a Kyle Walker own goal. Preparing for an ugly 3-0 loss, though.

@1865
@Appleyard

Engalannddd...Engalandd... Engalannddd... ENG A LAND....

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

@1865
@Appleyard

We stand with you boys.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
We stand together with the scots.

upload_2021-6-18_7-6-29.png

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

@1865
@Appleyard

If you win and we lose all our other matches in the group, what is the decider? Our CZE-SCO game, or the score? I would be pretty pissed if you still somehow jumped over us! :laugh:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

@1865
@Appleyard

I'm not going to gloat until it's over. We really should win comfortably but football and in particular tournament football is the great leveller. We just need to avoid the hype and just play our game. We beat Croatia handily, Scotland aren't as good.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
If you win and we lose all our other matches in the group, what is the decider? Our CZE-SCO game, or the score? I would be pretty pissed if you still somehow jumped over us! :laugh:

I believe the qualifying criteria when tied is:
  1. Points
  2. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goal difference in head-to-head matches between tied teams;
  4. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams.
  5. Goal difference overall;
  6. Goals scored overall;
  7. Most wins,
  8. Best disciplinary record,
  9. Highest bribe
So that could be fun.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I believe the qualifying criteria when tied is:
  1. Points
  2. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goal difference in head-to-head matches between tied teams;
  4. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams.
  5. Goal difference overall;
  6. Goals scored overall;
  7. Most wins,
  8. Best disciplinary record,
  9. Highest bribe
So that could be fun.

Number 9 could be advantage for post communist countries, wooo :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
MLS' Union to take on Ryan Reynolds' Wrexham

Wrexham AFC, which is owned by actors Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds, will head to the United States for a preseason friendly against Major League Soccer side Philadelphia Union in July, the club announced on Friday.

The club, which finished eighth in the 23-team National League, has been outside the English Football League (EFL) since relegation to the fifth tier in 2008.

McElhenney and Reynolds, however, promised to turn the club into a "global force," which included a £2 million cash injection upon completion of their takeover in November.

Wrexham will meet the Union as the showpiece fixture of a five-day training camp on July 29.

Reactions: BritainStix

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Last 15 minutes = Hakturtle against Hakturtle... Beautiful. I would have accepted the tie had I been offered it before the game though

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Rainy Wembley increases the chances of a Kyle Walker own goal. :naughty:

Oh no! Walker is not in the starting 11. Scotland has no chance now.

Last edited:

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Wet field combined with aggressive, motivated players.. this will be fun. Hope nobody gets injured though, heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad