Post-Game Talk: So yeah, Mantha time or what?

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
They stopped playing tough and physical, and look where it gets them.

Lousy weak goals out front, not taking the man. Soft, soft, and soft.

Started taking crappy outside shots. Mickey said "one and done" a few times.

Zero forecheck. No intensity, not getting into the flow.

Just terrible.

We went from an intense, hard working, muck it up team, to a soft pansy who cares team.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
No one is driving the play. Sheahan and Smith suck. Don't care about his goal. He's still on the ice for more against us which he causes.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
In a league where teams intentionally over-defend the man with the puck in the offensive zone, why on earth don't we support the puck better? We are seeing the exact same issue on the power play and it is frustrating as all hell. There is way too much standing around waiting for others to make plays.

At our worst we are a lazy, lazy, lazy, perimeter hockey team with an ugly defense.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hopefully a wakeup call for the team. Last couple of games have not been good.

6-4 is a solid first 10 games. But about 5 or so games looked really bad. Schedule looks a bit easier in November imo. Team needs to get it together and go back to winning.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
In a league where teams intentionally over-defend the man with the puck in the offensive zone, why on earth don't we support the puck better? We are seeing the exact same issue on the power play and it is frustrating as all hell. There is way too much standing around waiting for others to make plays.

At our worst we are a lazy, lazy, lazy, perimeter hockey team with an ugly defense.

It's amazing how often we're outmanned on the puck on PPs.

And by amazing I mean infuriating.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
It's amazing how often we're outmanned on the puck on PPs.

And by amazing I mean infuriating.

After I watched that I switched off the game.

whatever we've been doing to other teams, they are doing to us now. Guess we need to figure out why that is.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hopefully a wakeup call for the team. Last couple of games have not been good.

6-4 is a solid first 10 games. But about 5 or so games looked really bad. Schedule looks a bit easier in November imo. Team needs to get it together and go back to winning.

And we shouldn't overlook this. We all knew the first month was going to be rough just looking at the schedule and the Wings have survived it and put themselves into a good position going into November. They do this every ten games and we're winning nearly 50 games on the year. It'd be a very good year.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
To your guys credit, you dominated the 2nd and the 3rd. Reimer bailed us out.

Not sure if you can blame any of those goals on Mrazek but if he stops a couple Detriot takes the game.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Was hopeful the scoring might be more consistent this year, but back to scoring 3 goals in 3 games. I'd feel better about the losses if the goals were still coming a little easier.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Not surprised about that loss at all. And not seeing us to get 2 points in Philly either. Too bad that they wasted this opportunity.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
They are what we thought they were. Didn't think during the streak that they were Cup contenders and I don't think they are cellar dwellers either. They have some streaky scoring, questionable defense and two goalies who can steal a game or look like a sieve on any given night. Add to that a coach who still seems lost many nights and this is the kind of season you will get.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
  • Shooting percentage was unsustainable.
  • Really not looking competitive within the division. Ottawa notwithstanding.
  • Need to address D which has been the case for at least 5 years now.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Calm down folks. These guys were clearly tired from a brutal 3 games in four days. It'll be okay

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Calm down folks. These guys were clearly tired from a brutal 3 games in four days. It'll be okay

You think it's an aberration and they're actually good? Didn't Florida also play yesterday? And then travel here?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Defence was the issue tonight. Almost every goal against tonight was due to a missed coverage. On I believe what was the 4th goal, Smith looked like a tiny tot holding his hockey stick for the first time trying to figure out what to do... This team shouldn't have to score 3-4 goals a night to win, if that needs to be the case then buckle up for the long season, they just need some sustainable defence. Everyone always says how a trade needs to be made, sure a trade can help, but we could trade for Lidstrom in his prime and that wouldn't stop the same boneheads from making the same mistakes night in and out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad