Speculation: So... Who's the Captain?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Whatever they decide, I hope they keep it to three letters. I'm not a fan of rotations. "Listen to Bob, but only on the road."

In terms of the A’s... I’m not sure it’s “hey, listen to this guy.” As much as it is a sign of respect and recognition... maybe telling the player you expect him to take on more of a leadership role.

As for the C... I think that comes with some heavy responsibility... and truthfully, if we can’t all come to a majority decision then it’s probably not the time to name one.

Reactions: Crease

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
2019-20
Zibanejad "A"
Staal "A"
Fast "A"
Shattenkirk "A"

2020-21
Zibanejad "C"
Panarin "A"
Staal "A"
Skjei "A"
Shattenkirk "A"

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
2019-20
Zibanejad "A"
Staal "A"
Fast "A"
Shattenkirk "A"

2020-21
Zibanejad "C"
Panarin "A"
Staal "A"
Skjei "A"
Shattenkirk "A"

Not in favor of the "A" being worn by two players the fans and likely the Org doesn't want.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Mika has earned it and has emerged as the leader of this team. Shouldn’t be a question

I like the idea of keeping the rotating A’s for now.

Staal Fast Kreider (if he’s here) and I’d give the other one honestly to Panarin. He’s going to have a lot of influence in that room with the young comrades of ours

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
No captain at the moment.

How awkward must it be to wear the C considering Hank's role on the team as far as leadership? Staal as well to the lesser degree. Hank is the voice of the team, and giving someone a letter on their jersey isn't going to change that.

Staal would be the somewhat logical choice but I agree with the other people saying it doesn't make sense to name him temporary captain since he isn't going to be here very long anyway.

No captain until Hank retires, unless some leadership powerhouse emerges.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well, considering that C's dont hang around very long......Kreids may be the obvious answer. You get MORE in a trade of your Captain, right?

P.S. How in the HELL does Shatty have an "A"? A voice in the room is integral, but so is play on the ice......so, I ask again....

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
This board sometimes lmao...

Without a doubt, Mika has both emerged as and has earned the Captaincy. And I'm one that thinks it's a huge mistake to go another year without a solid locker room structure. I think having an official Captain is a vital component and absolutely necessary right now. As far as giving it to a rookie goes... hahahahahahaha.. Just... noooooooooooo... Friggin ridiculous lol.

I went in to last year thinking Kreider would emerge. At the beginning of the year Mika wasn't one I would've even considered tbh. But more than any other player he stepped up to the plate this year. When I think of the face of the team now (aside from Henrik of course) I immediately think Mika. Give him the C. Set the leadership and structure. One year without a captain was enough. It's time to feel like a team again. As far as giving Staal the C? Why on earth would we do that? Because of seniority?? f*** that. He's fine as an A, but no way in hell does he deserve the C. But I digress...

Mika C. Kreider, Fast, Panarin, Staal the A's... I guess.... lol.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
2019-20
Zibanejad "A"
Staal "A"
Fast "A"
Shattenkirk "A"

2020-21
Zibanejad "C"
Panarin "A"
Staal "A"
Skjei "A"
Shattenkirk "A"
Eventually, I'd like to go back to two A's instead of passing them around like over-21 bracelets.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not in favor of the "A" being worn by two players the fans and likely the Org doesn't want.
Just what I think will happen. I mean it’s not too different from now.

Eventually, I'd like to go back to two A's instead of passing them around like over-21 bracelets.
I like tradition on this. Two away alternates, two home alternates. The symmetry tickles.

It’d be interesting if teams only had a captain and one alternate.

Last edited:

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I would say Lundqvist, but he's too caught up in his rituals to be a captain. I'd rather him lead on the ice....

If Kreids stays, then that's my vote. I would say Fast, Staal or Mika afterwards....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00