Speculation: So... Who's the Captain?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I feel like Mika has emerged as the most likely candidate.

I do have some concerns about the health, and I suspect the Rangers do as well, but my money would be on him.
Agreed. That said I do worry that wearing the letter is not what he is meant for. Kreider would be my choice if he were not traded. But if he is, I agree that Mika is the probable candidate.

Or they can go another year and not name one and see who emerges as the leader.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I've never quite been as gung-ho about naming Kreider the captain as some.

Too many reports of him getting really deep into his own head. I just feel like the C would be a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Siddi and Mikos87

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
(Hank)
Kreider
Staal
Zibs
got nothing after that. I think we'll need another year to find one, specially since we need to open up cap space and we don't actually know who's here come September.

Reactions: CasusBelli

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
my already hated suggestion, Strome
this is why
(a) he is a young vet who earned DQ's trust, who really wants to stop moving around, and to deliver on his potential and draft position
Let Strome be a captain in the Nevin/Maloney/Kisio/Cally mode

(b) Let Zib wear an A; NYR's last stab, at giving our emerging best player the C, undermined McD's continued dev as a league top 10 D

many of you have already rejected the idea as ridiculous
but in my silly little mind, it makes sense

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
my already hated suggestion, Strome
this is why
(a) he is a young vet who earned DQ's trust, who really wants to stop moving around, and to deliver on his potential and draft position
Let Strome be a captain in the Nevin/Maloney/Kisio/Cally mode

(b) Let Zib wear an A; NYR's last stab, at giving our emerging best player the C, undermined McD's continued dev as a league top 10 D

many of you have already rejected the idea as ridiculous
but in my silly little mind, it makes sense

Lol, you're like a dog with a bone. If Strome is still here beyond the 2019-20 season, I'll be very surprised.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Lol, you're like a dog with a bone. If Strome is still here beyond the 2019-20 season, I'll be very surprised.

yeah, i know, sorry 8^(
part of my motivation is don't mess up Zib

and, also, yes, i am aware that a secondary concern re Strome is future Cap Hit, that he is arb-eligible next summer

but i also do think he could be part of the new mid-20's (in age) core, he is actually a pretty skilled and versatile F, and earned coaches' confidence

added comment: i feel like many people here see Strome as low-end and disposable, because he only cost NYR Spooner

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
C - Zibanejad
A - Fast
A - Staal
A - Panarin

Zib. Easy choice.

I’ve watched Panarin a lot and he consistently brings it every night. I give him an A because he will lead by example. Very excited to have him as our top player.

Kreider should be traded.

Reactions: McCartney

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Be bold. I’d give it to Panarin or Kakko. Screw the hierarchy. 3rd option would be Andersson if he has a wonderful camp and great first half of the season. That kid will be a captain in the NHL one day for sure.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
They have not made their annual toughness/grit/character pick-up, whoever that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad