Speculation: So Which Backup Goalie Will The Oilers Try To Acquire This Summer?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think if we signed Raanta or Enroth they could at least split time with Scrivens

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think they're going to go for Cam Ward actually and move Scrivens out.

That's just my hunch but I don't think Carolina wants to be paying Ward almost $7 million dollars next year.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
My preference would still be trading for Cam Ward. He seems to be rebounding and could probably be had fairly cheap. But for some reason my gut says Karri Ramo is the guy they'll sign. Don't know why, just have that feeling. Although if they get both that wouldn't be too bad a combo.

Ogopogo*

I'm more looking forward to the new batch of 3rd pair D he will be bringing in.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think I have a target in mind for MacT yet.

James Reimer maybe, but he's more of the same really. Not a good year for him this year.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't think I have a target in mind for MacT yet.

James Reimer maybe, but he's more of the same really. Not a good year for him this year.

it is not an idle threat--if Reimer EVER joins the oilers--I toss my jersey on the ice and head to another board and will not post on this board till Reimer is no longer an oiler

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
it is not an idle threat--if Reimer EVER joins the oilers--I toss my jersey on the ice and head to another board and will not post on this board till Reimer is no longer an oiler

I've seen this threat so many times. IF that kind of trade does happen, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah plus getting Ward is a nice feel good story for the Oilers to spin to season ticket holders ... Edmonton kid makes good, comes back home, remember him in the 2006 Finals, see, we're making bold moves! Craig's on it, we've upgraded significantly in net, etc. etc. etc.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
We haven't developed a goalie in thirty years. A statement like that, especially on HF, is usually a hyperbole. Nope, because Oilers. I'm almost not kidding when I say they should draft the best goalie available every draft year until they find one.

Watching ****** goaltending almost singlehandedly lose us games is getting very tiresome. Scrivens and Ference both seem like great guys and I'd give almost anything to have a Roy winking in the net and a Pronger giving physics lessons on the blue-line.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

If you look up at the right time you may be able to drink that beer instead of wearing it. Then expect to be beaten up by a bunch of thugs in the stands.
Then you can leave. ;)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hoping for a Cam Ward for Andrew Ference swap.

Please MacT! just do it!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Didn't MacT already check off the box for goaltending? Doesn't that mean he never has to worry about it again?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Vasilevskiy is untouchable. Would bet anything he doesn't get moved. I honestly think they'd move Bishop before Vas.

I predict the Oilers go after Martin Jones. Maybe Cam Talbot.

I hope they get Craig Anderson, or alternatively Niemi.

Marincin for Anderson hopefully

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Please stay away from Niemi, Stay far away......

My preference.....
1. Vasilevskiy or Gibson (but no chance they move there kids)
2. Ward
3. Anderson
4. Anyone???
5. Niemi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
^^^ Niemi's not a world beater, but he's an established starter with years of experience AS a starter and a cup ring - and he was the starter for that team. He's only 32 and has 300+ NHL starts, and has never posted a save percentage under .912.

This isn't Khabby Redux.

He'd be a ridiculous upgrade over what we currently have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad