Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
That is not good news... But it certainly makes them a path to acquiring Kane without giving any more roster pieces than Kravtsov and Les.
It also means they should probably add a LD if Lindgren is going to miss months.

You are not winning a Cup with Miller and then a bunch of meh/borderline NHLers on LD...

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I don't think Tarasenko not keeping his word means anything about Patrick Kane. He gets the benefit of me assuming he will keep his word - until he doesn't.
It's not just Tarasenko. It is Tarasenko and ROR and Giroux and every big rental with a NMc before that.

If you have one single example of a top UFA going wherever his team wanted him to for value reasons then I'd love to see it. Otherwise it is a nice fantasy to believe.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It also means they should probably add a LD if Lindgren is going to miss months.

You are not winning a Cup with Miller and then a bunch of meh/borderline NHLers on LD...
He might not miss months? Maybe just a few weeks? What is the injury?

Their D depth is certainly good enough globally because of their incredible RD depth. Mikkola is a decent bottom pair. They are certainly weaker than Boston on D, but everybody is.

Even without Lindgren, which would be a big loss if he can't come back come playoffs time, I still have them favorites.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It's not just Tarasenko. It is Tarasenko and ROR and Giroux and every big rental with a NMc before that.

If you have one single example of a top UFA going wherever his team wanted him to for value reasons then I'd love to see it. Otherwise it is a nice fantasy to believe.
You're just arguing to argue now. Goodbye.

Reactions: Space umpire

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He might not miss months? Maybe just a few weeks? What is the injury?

There D depth is certainly good enough globally because of their incredible RD depth. Mikkola is a decent bottom pair. They are certainly weaker than Boston on D, but everybody is.

Even without Lindgren, which would be a big loss if he can't come back come playoffs time, I still have them favorites.
It looked like he dislocated or separated his shoulder.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
You're just arguing to argue now. Goodbye.
So you have zero examples to back up your theory. Ok.

Teams always, always, always accommodate the player. Kane will end up where he wants. Chicago will get a decent return. Life continues.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Why the f*** are you listening to Pagnotta? Dude literally shit the bed so hard on the Boston trade and that's just a few days ago.
Because teams had discussed a deal that didn’t happen?
I you read my drivel you know I’m not a huge fan of believing the talking heads because they tend to hear bits of info and expand it to get clicks/ratings.
I’d bet there were discussions that didn’t pan out, doesn’t mean they never happened.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It looked like he dislocated or separated his shoulder.
If it is only a dislocated shoulder, we are talking about 6-8 weeks. 1 week in a splint, then rehab +++.

Lingren to LTIR. Hawks add McCabe 50% retained($2 mil) to the Kane deal to get a first. Lingren returns for the playoffs.
If Lindgren is out until playoffs and then comes back, and they added McCabe because of the LTIR... Game over. Rangers just WAY too strong.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Teams always, always, always accommodate the player. Kane will end up where he wants. Chicago will get a decent return. Life continues.
No they don't. Most GM's will try especially for players that played years for their team. But not always. I am sure Huberdeau didn't want to go to Calgary and he didn't even know he was going to be traded.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Not if Davidson doesn’t get usable pieces in return. Again read Kane’s words about not screwing the Hawks.
Most indications are Kane doesn’t want to move at all. His willing to be traded is “doing right by the Hawks. So I’m not expecting a monster return but he won’t be moved if Chicago doesn’t get some value.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
No they don't. Most GM's will try especially for players that played years for their team. But not always. I am sure Huberdeau didn't want to go to Calgary and he didn't even know he was going to be traded.
Huberdeau did not have a NMC. Huberdeau's reaction to his trade was telling his former GM "f*** you". That has zero relevance to Kane's trade.

Your example actually highlights why Kane will choose his singular destination. Players will go where they want.

Players who are good enough to get NMCs ask for them for a reason.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Not if Davidson doesn’t get usable pieces in return. Again read Kane’s words about not screwing the Hawks.
Most indications are Kane doesn’t want to move at all. His willing to be traded is “doing right by the Hawks. So I’m not expecting a monster return but he won’t be moved if Chicago doesn’t get some value.
NYR will give usable pieces. A 1st + Kravtsov is more than enough.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
If it is only a dislocated shoulder, we are talking about 6-8 weeks. 1 week in a splint, then rehab +++.

If Lindgren is out until playoffs and then comes back, and they added McCabe because of the LTIR... Game over. Rangers just WAY too strong.
Plus Rangers could trade McCabe in the offseason if they wanted to recoup draft picks, especially if they retain another 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad