Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

518NYRfan

Jul 10, 2010
Screenshot_20230225_125704_Twitter.jpg

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Kravtsov is going to stall in Chicago after one good year and then they're going to trade him to a team that will put him with skilled players where he'll actually blow up.

:sarcasm:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
If it ends up being true, if the 4th rounder has to be from 2025 since the NYR do not have one neither this year or next year.

Anyways Montreal already has 3 (!) 4th rounder this year, two 1st and two 5th (+ all their picks). At some point you do not need too many picks in the later rounds of the same draft, there are only so many contracts spots available.
Trade up and get that higher end talent.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I can’t say emphatically enough how much I’d rather keep him than trade for Kravtsov+2nd

True but it seems like he really wants to go to NYR, think he’s earned the right even if Blackhawks have to sell him at a discount,

I will be ecstatic if NYR can get him without giving up a 1st

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
So even if the Rangers trade those 2 guys in the deal, they still can only take ~$2.4M in cap on, correct?
Yup

Kane with Chicago and another team retaining each 50% would be at a 2.6 millions cap hit.

Unless I am missing something they either have to wait a bit for more space from LTIR at the deadline or trade some salary away...

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
True but it seems like he really wants to go to NYR, think he’s earned the right even if Blackhawks have to sell him at a discount,

I will be ecstatic if NYR can get him without giving up a 1st
If that happens nyr fans should go bananas. It’s basically a donation of gold bullion.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Trade up and get that higher end talent.
Easier said than done. I'd rather "spread" the picks than being forced to trade up even if I don't feel like it.

Bergevin used to trade the picks for another one a year a or 2 later on draft day when they had too many picks. He never traded up... Hugues/Gorton looks more interested in doing so, heard they tried hard to move up for Ostlund with their late 1st last year.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Chris Johnson actually implied yesterday that Kane wants to go to the NYR and that they are actually at the point of finding the team that can help with salaries.

Kane is 100% going to the Rangers, Davidson has no choice, he has a NMC.
One is not the other, we all expect it to be the Rangers we know it is one of the choices and likely his preferred choice.
However
Your last sentence (Davidson has no choice) is made up. It is your only your opinion. Yet you state it as fact.
Talking heads also claimed Toronto was a choice (and everyone believed that as fact).
I’ve used nothing but quotes from Kane himself. Your taking something a talking head searching for clicks and ratings implied.

Also Davidson showed last year (Kubalik) he will not take an obvious L just to get “something”.

My opinion, (which I’ve mostly avoided using, preferring facts instead) is they have found a middle ground. Because of the dollar amounts Chicago knows they are retaining and likely taking a cap dump. The deal however won’t happen unless Chicago gets 2 very usable pieces.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
One is not the other, we all expect it to be the Rangers we know it is one of the choices and likely his preferred choice.
However
Your last sentence (Davidson has no choice) is made up. It is your only your opinion. Yet you state it as fact.
Talking heads also claimed Toronto was a choice (and everyone believed that as fact).
I’ve used nothing but quotes from Kane himself. Your taking something a talking head searching for clicks and ratings implied.

Also Davidson showed last year (Kubalik) he will not take an obvious L just to get “something”.

My opinion, (which I’ve mostly avoided using, preferring facts instead) is they have found a middle ground. Because of the dollar amounts Chicago knows they are retaining and likely taking a cap dump. The deal however won’t happen unless Chicago gets 2 very usable pieces.
The deal will happen no matter what. Everybody knows it.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Here is the recent update Vancouver is the 3rd team

Why the f*** are you listening to Pagnotta? Dude literally shit the bed so hard on the Boston trade and that's just a few days ago.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Kane doesn't care about making this work for Chicago. That is lip service that I can't find one single example of happening in modern history. Almost every single trade is the opposite where the team accommodates the NMC player's wishes.

I could buy into an argument that Kane will not want to be traded for a bad package. A real Julius Caesar captured by pirates demanding they demand more money type of situation. But I think that lands just a hair above Tarasenko's price. It will just force NYR to include a 1st round pick. Chicago has three 2nds they can barter back one of to make it more palatable.
Your 1st sentence is contradicted by Kane’s own words. “This organization has been great to me and my family, I want to do right by them”.
Other than that. It’s all a maybe.
We know the Hawks have to make the floor next year. So there are lots of possibilities where Chicago can “help” the Rangers get Kane “if” the Rangers also include the right rebuild pieces.
I also think “that opinion thing again” there is at least a 50/50 chance Kane comes back next year. Davidson may prefer moving him to a place where the cap doesn’t exist to resign him.
I guess we will all know soon enough.

Reactions: Taylorst

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Your 1st sentence is contradicted by Kane’s own words. “This organization has been great to me and my family, I want to do right by them”.
Other than that. It’s all a maybe.
We know the Hawks have to make the floor next year. So there are lots of possibilities where Chicago can “help” the Rangers get Kane “if” the Rangers also include the right rebuild pieces.
I also think “that opinion thing again” there is at least a 50/50 chance Kane comes back next year. Davidson may prefer moving him to a place where the cap doesn’t exist to resign him.
I guess we will all know soon enough.
Tarasenko's quote before being moved that his trade was totally up to St Louis GM Armstrong. Right before he forced a deal to his only acceptable destination. All while Blues fans cling to that quote and were adamant that Tarasenko would help the Blues and go wherever they found the best deal. It never happens.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Tarasenko's quote before being moved that his trade was totally up to St Louis GM Armstrong. Right before he forced a deal to his only acceptable destination. All while Blues fans cling to that quote and were adamant that Tarasenko would help the Blues and go wherever they found the best deal. It never happens.
I don't think Tarasenko not keeping his word means anything about Patrick Kane. He gets the benefit of me assuming he will keep his word - until he doesn't.

Reactions: Space umpire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad