98.5 The Sports Hub So Where Do Bruins Go From Here?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This post reeks of desperation
Desperation is what the Bruins reek of if they trade for Skinner, and then next year they'll have to resign him. I believe that I read that he averages 42 hits a season. So, he plays on the wrong side for what we need and he doesn't hit. Perfect!

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
how is the 26 year old 30 goal scorer the consolation prize when the other options are in their mid 30s and getting worse each year?

It smells of desperation. Can't get what we need so let's go out and get what we have in spades. We want a new toy too, even if he's not what we need. Sometimes the best move to make is no move.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Does this team really need another guy like Patches? I sincerely hope all that is a joke. This team doesn't need another LW right now; RW has and still is the real weakness, it feels like.

You got Backes, with all his injury history and all that craziness last year. Who knows how that's gonna pan out. You got Rick Nash, who I doubt any one of us really wants him back. Acciari is what he is; a fourth line battering ram with some skill, but that's the majority of his game right there.

Pasta's the only truly high skilled, scoring RW they've got. I find this, along with the left side of teh defense, a bit concerning. And I like Backes. I'm meh on Nash.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It smells of desperation. Can't get what we need so let's go out and get what we have in spades. We want a new toy too, even if he's not what we need. Sometimes the best move to make is no move.

And people would bitch and whine that he didn’t make a move. Can’t win either way I guess. To say skinner would be desperate/consolation is terrible though. Acquiring a 30+ goal scorer who has elite speed and can play both wings fits that category?

LMFAO

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
And people would ***** and whine that he didn’t make a move. Can’t win either way I guess. To say skinner would be desperate/consolation is terrible though. Acquiring a 30+ goal scorer who has elite speed and can play both wings fits that category?

LMFAO
Laugh all you want but it will be his latest mistake. A lot of teams won't make moves, that's the way it is. Deal with it!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Laugh all you want but it will be his latest mistake. A lot of teams won't make moves, that's the way it is. Deal with it!

I will continue to laugh at calling a potential acquisition of a talent like Skinner, a mistake/desperate/consolation.

Are you looking for attention with posts like that? You know what that reeks of?? JP Nolan :laugh:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I will continue to laugh at calling a potential acquisition of a talent like Skinner, a mistake/desperate/consolation.

Are you looking for attention with posts like that? You know what that reeks of?? JP Nolan :laugh:
Oh, I'm broken hearted.... I don't like the player and I don't feel as though he's what they need. Too bad if you don't like it.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You make it sound like he's got an endless list of mistakes that have set the franchise back years

I will repeat this for your perusal:
"It smells of desperation. Can't get what we need so let's go out and get what we have in spades. We want a new toy too, even if he's not what we need. Sometimes the best move to make is no move." How is this saying that "he's got an endless list of mistakes that have set the franchise back years?" WHERE DID I SAY THAT??? Don't try to put words in my mouth. NEVER did I say that!
Half his trades have been mistakes and his big ticket signings have mostly been mistakes. If not for his drafting his best moves were in his first summer as GM. Trading Looch and Hamilton worked out well. His draft picks have been very good/great but like so many that want to kiss his ring, and so many who want to make him sound like the next best thing to Art Ross. I'm realistic in my vision of what he has done, which has been very good, not great and not bad. His misses have been well documented here. Could've been better but nobody is perfect.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Oh, I'm broken hearted.... I don't like the player and I don't feel as though he's what they need. Too bad if you don't like it.

What don't you like about the player? So because you don't like the player, you turn your head at what he can do on the ice? Still doesn't add up with your calling a potential acquisition desperate/consolation/mistake.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What don't you like about the player? So because you don't like the player, you turn your head at what he can do on the ice? Still doesn't add up with your calling a potential acquisition desperate/consolation/mistake.

Maybe instead of being condescending and asking that question early on (where I actually answered it anyway) I would care to answer you. But, seeing the way you enjoy your sarcasm so much I have no interest in educating you or exchanging pot shots. I'm not that type of guy, I have no interest in piling on other posters either. You see, other people have opinions. Yours are freely shared and debated, that's nice, but when you don't agree with someone you like to put them down. How about not being so arrogant dropping the LMFAO . It's filthy and low.

Why do you feel the need for character assassinations? Why attack other posters as you do? Even if you don't agree with JP Nolan or me or whoever. Who elected you?? He and I and anyone here has a right to post as much as your exalted self!

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
What is their equivalent of the Hanifin deal that they so easily could have matched?

Krug and it gets hard after that, we don’t have a ferland, and I’m not sure who compares to fox, maybe urho? I think the bruins end up giving up too much for someone who might not really pan out and be a better overall player than krug in Hanifin and lindholm who honestly isn’t that impressive

Calgary wins the trade though as I think Hanifin will be at least as good as Dougie but without the piss poor attitude and locker room baggage and Lindholm might be good with the young forward core they have up there

Don’t think Boston wants to make that trade, easy to give guys up that aren’t fitting well with the team, a lot harder to give up a guy like Torey krug

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Honestly, I said it earlier in the week, but I don't think it's a mistake for Donnie to try and see what guys like Bjork can do. I wasn't sold on the whole Kovi thing, though I'd take that over Rick nash right now....both were big risks. LA better pray that Kovi bags 20 goals the next few years and consistently plays a at a high level.

The trade game isn't chess or checkers. I mean, sometimes it can be, but for the most part I've always kinda seen it more as poker.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Honestly, I said it earlier in the week, but I don't think it's a mistake for Donnie to try and see what guys like Bjork can do. I wasn't sold on the whole Kovi thing, though I'd take that over Rick nash right now....both were big risks. LA better pray that Kovi bags 20 goals the next few years and consistently plays a at a high level.

The trade game isn't chess or checkers. I mean, sometimes it can be, but for the most part I've always kinda seen it more as poker.
The Bruins claim to fame is depth. They preach it a lot and is preached are here. The problem arises when trading is that the don’t know which will pan out and which will be impact players. I would keep going on the retool. 112 twelve points is too bad IMO. Not a bad course at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad