OT: So....what are you going to do?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Well I bought Doom Eternal.

I've had a good run of not buying games on release date but **** it. Need to burn away that pent up aggression somehow!
I want to do this but I am waiting to see what reaming Revenu Quebec gives me on my income tax.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I’m anxious just reading this. Glad you and your family were able to make it back safely.

I’m pretty sure that they’re going to cut NYC off from the rest of the country soon. Feels inevitable.

Thank you. I’m still incredibly anxious, as you can do everything right in your control and there is always this feeling of waiting for symptoms to start. I know the true likelihood of symptoms is in the 4-7 range...so pretty nervous all the time. Ultimately, I am healthy , but you never know how healthy you have to be to fight something like this

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Thank you. I’m still incredibly anxious, as you can do everything right in your control and there is always this feeling of waiting for symptoms to start. I know the true likelihood of symptoms is in the 4-7 range...so pretty nervous all the time. Ultimately, I am healthy , but you never know how healthy you have to be to fight something like this
I hope you are staying home for 14 days now!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kids march break is over, need to start balancing work from home and home schooling now... Going to be ... Fun.

Reactions: Blotto71

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I hope you are staying home for 14 days now!
For sure. Will work remotely and actually went for a walk this early evening which felt great. Now will have to ensure business is ready to go as rent payments will be a challenge for some. Hopefully they are going to use the resources as indicated by the federal govt and will see what the province will chip in as well

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
College has moved online, and most of our end of the year assignments have been posted, so I’m trying to get all of them done early so that I can start my quarantined summer early. If anyone has knowledge in IT give me a shout, I’m always looking for help/insight in order to get ahead in my program.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Self quarantining Day 1 of 14. Just got back from AZ yesterday . I was there since Nov.

Drove back pulling my 5th wheel so not much contact for 6 days but not zero.

Had to deposit a couple of cheques.. downloaded the td mobile app and deposited via photos. My daughter is getting us a load of groceries for 2 weeks.

Seems license sticker renewals don't have to happen on time.. not sure till when. (same for dls and health cards)

My question is what magically happens after 14 days. We can presume Mrs Anarchy and I are CV19 free but ... The next person we come in contact with could not be so lucky. Anyway I really hope we don't have it and I hope the spread starts to slow the f down soon.

I am happy that so many precautions are being taken and everyone should be practicing social distancing for at least a month to see if we can turn a corner on this.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I envy your trip. And turning the corner surely requires test kits as ubiquitous as hand sanitizer stations. Without the vaccine, turning the corner would have to require vigilant daily monitoring of outbreaks and quick action to re-isolate. Its going to have to become a thing. Maybe an app that shows you have been tested that day and beeps whenever in 6 ft of someone who has not.

Cant just say ok, thats enough time, lets go back to normal obviously. Some new monitoring tech is required. But nowhere near ready for that yet.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
They will release a list on Tuesday. Shut down begins at midnight on Tuesday the 24th, which I guess will be early Wednesday the 25th.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be a lot of businesses argue and fight that they're essential for one reason or another (see game stop in the states).

But I'm curious about what will be on the initial list. And will companies that already have work from home policies in place be allowed to continue operating.

Also, I really hope that the plan isn't going to be to have everyone in the province on Wednesday trying to apply for EI in order to get their (max) 573 dollars a week. Because that will be a giant Charlie Foxtrot.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Self quarantining Day 1 of 14. Just got back from AZ yesterday . I was there since Nov.

Drove back pulling my 5th wheel so not much contact for 6 days but not zero.

Had to deposit a couple of cheques.. downloaded the td mobile app and deposited via photos. My daughter is getting us a load of groceries for 2 weeks.

Seems license sticker renewals don't have to happen on time.. not sure till when. (same for dls and health cards)

My question is what magically happens after 14 days. We can presume Mrs Anarchy and I are CV19 free but ... The next person we come in contact with could not be so lucky. Anyway I really hope we don't have it and I hope the spread starts to slow the f down soon.

I am happy that so many precautions are being taken and everyone should be practicing social distancing for at least a month to see if we can turn a corner on this.

Damn I didn't know you were loaded...where was the invite to Lake Powell bro

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Lake Powell looks like a nice place to go in the Summer.
Definitely not loaded in the way you meant it although I was pretty loaded a few times when I was down there.
Call me when the Jackson Hole trip goes down next summer we can Skype the HFSens chat from the Seadoo launch

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is sitting in a corner rocking back and forth while staring into the abyss of nothingness normal?

Asking for a friend.
Not fun for sure. I try to talk to friends, family and even colleagues on Skype quite a bit to keep things as normal as possible. And I try not to obsess too much about the news and social media (I'm not a Twitter or Insta user, so that helps. FB is bad enough...). I need to stop OCDing over COVID-19 stats though.

You can PM me if you wish. I'm a night owl.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not fun for sure. I try to talk to friends, family and even colleagues on Skype quite a bit to keep things as normal as possible. And I try not to obsess too much about the news and social media (I'm not a Twitter or Insta user, so that helps. FB is bad enough...). I need to stop OCDing over COVID-19 stats though.

You can PM me if you wish. I'm a night owl.

Ha, I'm not doing badly at all to be honest. I was just being glib. Still working on a big contract from home for the next three weeks so aside from not going out much, at least I'm keeping busy. I am definitely a big Twitter user but I mostly ignore FB and Insta aside from a few short daily visits. I believe Canada, and especially Quebec, has done a pretty good job preventing a massive spread, so I hope by June we can at least regain some semblance of normalcy. For now, aside from the virus itself, boredom will be our greatest adversary.

And thanks, you can also PM me if you need to. We're all in this together.

Reactions: DrEasy

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Still working, I work for an essential service(Banking), non stop all day. I feel overwhelmed and stressed(I feel like i want to cry sometimes). I also live with my mom whos taking care of my 87 year old grandma so I can't get sick. I only take one day off I max out OT trying to have a normal schedule and working as hard as I can to help the family.

My life is nothing compared to the struggles frontline health workers go through, so i don't want to say anything. Social distancing is a peace of cake with social media tbh.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4