Pre-Game Talk: So We Meet Again

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
this shows you exactly what they think of us. we r small market team and will be treated as such. it's sad really .. meanwhile a good marketing team would be pumping this up. did you see the games last year.. omg watch this hockey.. blah blah.. they won't... bettman is a doof

Reactions: Vilam

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Bolts fan coming in peace…love the improvements you guys made after last year, this Panthers team scares the shit out of me. If you end up winning the series I hope you take the cup - long overdue!

Any key injuries (or guys playing through injuries) on your side aside Ekblad?

Edit: oh and let’s hope the reffing is at least better than during round 1, tall order I know…
From the last game, Marchment seems to still be on the mend, while Chiarot, Swaggy and Ek seem to be OK to play since they appear to be at practice. One more day of rest will do them good. Is Point's status up in the air at the moment?

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
A back to back is a big advantage for the Lightning. Most goalies have a fall off on b2b and Vasy is one of the few that isn't on that curve.

So f***ing stupid
We'll most likely see Bob and Vasy in both games. Might depend on the shotclock of the first game of the B2B though

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lots of tickets available on resell. I dont care about the TV ratings, but I care about having people inside the arena.

Not a Heat fan so for me, I dont care that I wont get to see the Heat game. But I care that the Heat game might and will take people away from the Panthers, and that includes Heat players (Haslem) that want to be in attendance.

Reactions: Vilam

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Bolts fan coming in peace, best of luck to both teams. Last year's series was a bloodbath and I still contend that it's the toughest of any of the 9 series we've played since R1 2020. You guys are better than last year and we are a bit different than last year, though obviously weaker without Point. Thinking it'll be another high scoring series and the winner has to be the favorite out of the East. Good luck guys and gals, see you on the other side!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Key will be for our guys to keep their cool and not let the Tampa d-bags get under their skin. Time to see if this team has actually matured. Would love to see Bennett learn from his mistake last year. We're the better 5v5 team, it's when they drag us into the muck where things even out. Tampa has been really good at that in general with other teams being undisciplined, which has worked in their favor.

Don't play their stupid game. We have a lot of hard-nosed players that can dish it out legally and during play.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Ross Colton said, “… the Caps-Panthers series coulda gone either way … we can’t overlook them [Panthers] for sure …”

Yeah keep yapping…

The interesting part of his comment is that they were even in a worse position, they were in game 7 and it could have gone either way, the arrogance of this guy.

Reactions: KW

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The interesting part of his comment is that they were even in a worse position, they were in game 7 and it could have gone either way, the arrogance of this guy.

I think that one of our players has to confirm whether they should take the Cats lightly after Gudas has folded him against the boards like in the previous series.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Tampa Bay is not the better team 5vs5, I watched most of their games, if Bruno get these guys to commit to a low infractions on at least 3 games, Tampa will have no answer for us.
I think the series will not be a grind as it was with Washington, Tampa is not that tyle of team, they will play to their strenghts which is not a shutdown type of game, it will be faster, hard checking, but I think Barkov, Hubber even Duclair will be more visible.
I do agree on giving Duclair at least 1 game, of not get Mamin in, also Lombo needs to be in, he bring the energy along woth Horny.
Also Hedman should not be allowed shots from the top, that is how ma y games are won by them.

Good news and bad news

I think March will play, he did the same with Swaggy.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Ya it's just gamemanship, Wilson is out months and was day-to-day the entire series. Point isn't playing.

I would not be surprised to see Point in the lineup very soon. Much like I wouldn't be surprised to see Ekblad miss a game in this series. Just because a guy can go back in and endure the pain, doesn't mean they're going to let him keep playing on it after they diagnose the problem. Likewise, you give an injured player a couple of days for the swelling to go down and shoot him up with horse tranquilizers, he might be able to play.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Priority #1 against Tampa.
Stay out of the box.

Room for zero lazy penalties
This is how we beat them, Stay out of the box!!!

Key will be for our guys to keep their cool and not let the Tampa d-bags get under their skin. Time to see if this team has actually matured. Would love to see Bennett learn from his mistake last year. We're the better 5v5 team, it's when they drag us into the muck where things even out. Tampa has been really good at that in general with other teams being undisciplined, which has worked in their favor.

Don't play their stupid game. We have a lot of hard-nosed players that can dish it out legally and during play.
This guy gets it. Give him a beer.

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
From the last game, Marchment seems to still be on the mend, while Chiarot, Swaggy and Ek seem to be OK to play since they appear to be at practice. One more day of rest will do them good. Is Point's status up in the air at the moment?
Right, having Ekblad back is huge for you guys although I’ve understood Marchment had an excellent regular season as well…

Point out for now, it didn’t look good. He came back for a quick shift and spent the rest of the game on the bench. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the ice if the series drags on though.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Right, having Ekblad back is huge for you guys although I’ve understood Marchment had an excellent regular season as well…

Point out for now, it didn’t look good. He came back for a quick shift and spent the rest of the game on the bench. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the ice if the series drags on though.

Jumbo will make an appearance at some point because he doesn't have enough reg season games to be eligible to hoist the Cup.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Looking at these lines, I think I rather Mamin in for Acciari

Duke will be out, or at least he should be, after the 1st game. Reinhart gets promoted to the 2nd, Mamin-Lundell-Acciari as the 3rd line but Luostar-line will play like five more mins on average than Lundy's line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad