So, Teams from Canada might not suck this year???

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I thought it was funny.

And the point was easily made, the Oilers have looked mediocre at best to start the season, and at worst they have looked like a bottom tier AHL squad with Connor McDavid on it. Offer a rebuttal and maybe someone will take your squawking seriously
They also were in a 17 day roadtrip that crossed something like 8 or 9 timezones and are 3-2-0 which pretty much any team in the league would take as a success. Go home

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Toronto Calgary and Winnipeg make the playoffs

Montreal flip flops in and out of a WC spot, could end either way

Edmonton just misses

Vancouver and Ottawa miss but put up respectable seasons and aren't the total basement dwellers many predicted a month ago

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
They just don't have the talent. The D is awful and the goaltending looks soft again. Mcdavid is a God, but he can't overcome the glaring holes throughout that lineup. That bottom 6 is also putrid.
The goaltending looks soft? Talbot is having a really good start to the season. The big stops he's making every night are giving McDavid a chance to win the game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
the Oilers defense is a mess and I am not sold on Talbot, but if you Oiler fans think they will be good then fine, add them with the rest of the teams from Canada this year...holy lord

You claim to be an “adopted Canadian” you ought to know the insane passion us Canadians have for our game.

Reactions: 780il

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Calgary seems like a playoff team to me. I don't think Edmonton will quite make it, although McDavid scoring 120 points is going to get them very close. McDavid beat the Jets by himself, that will happen many times this year where McD puts up 4 points and you're just like "ok that's game I guess".

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Toronto Calgary and Winnipeg make the playoffs

Montreal flip flops in and out of a WC spot, could end either way

Edmonton just misses

Vancouver and Ottawa miss but put up respectable seasons and aren't the total basement dwellers many predicted a month ago
Not sold on Calgary. Otherwise agree.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Not sold on Calgary. Otherwise agree.

Like many have said in the last few weeks I think Calgary lives and dies with their goaltending. If Smith plays the way he did to get to the all Star game last year they'll be fine. If he plays like he did after he got injured they're in trouble.

Hard to predict because so far this year we've seen a bit of both

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Good on Ottawa thus far. I still think they finish bottom 5 but they've got nothing to lose.

Bettman sure hopes so!

Bettman is secretly plotting his plan to shed salary and gut all 7 teams a la Clay Bennett (Oklahoma City Thunder owner) and move them to deserving american markets like Birmingham Alabama, Jackson Mississippi, and Little Rock.

I know all this because my cable guy told me all about it.

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
If the Oilers are .500 after their first 15 games... I don't see how they don't make the playoffs pending a major injury.

Such a dirty schedule to start the year:
(in Sweden) @NJD / @BOS / @NYR / @WPG / BOS / NASH / PIT / WASH / @Nash / @CHI / MIN / CHI / @DET / @Wash / @TB

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
We've seen some crazy stuff over the years like Hamburgler carrying the Sens into the playoffs and an expansion team make it to the final. This early in the season it's still wide open for players to have career years, goalies to bounce back etc.

I wouldn't be too surprised if 4-5 Canadian teams made the playoffs or just 2.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We've seen some crazy stuff over the years like Hamburgler carrying the Sens into the playoffs and an expansion team make it to the final. This early in the season it's still wide open for players to have career years, goalies to bounce back etc.

I wouldn't be too surprised if 4-5 Canadian teams made the playoffs or just 2.

I predicted 3 teams before the season started.

Toronto and Winnipeg should be virtual locks. Calgary should be there too. I left some hope for Edmonton..... Or mcdavid at least.

After that, we are really grasping at straws. So I'd say worst case scenario is 2, best case is 4. Likely case is 3.

Changing these kinds of predictions after 6 games into the season is not a good practice IMO.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
If the Oilers are .500 after their first 15 games... I don't see how they don't make the playoffs pending a major injury.

Such a dirty schedule to start the year:
(in Sweden) @NJD / @BOS / @NYR / @WPG / BOS / NASH / PIT / WASH / @Nash / @CHI / MIN / CHI / @DET / @Wash / @TB

Lets say that after 15 games they are 7-7-1 for 15 points. That means that they're going to have to go at least 7 games over .500 the rest of the year to reach 95 to 97 points for the last wildcard spot.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I thought it was funny.

And the point was easily made, the Oilers have looked mediocre at best to start the season, and at worst they have looked like a bottom tier AHL squad with Connor McDavid on it. Offer a rebuttal and maybe someone will take your squawking seriously

You're like a broken record that should just stay dormant in a grandma's attic. We get it buddy. We get your shtick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad