So, Teams from Canada might not suck this year???

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Toronto is the spiritual leader of Canada, not surprised to see the rest of the Canada following suit, they're our little bros after all. So glad we could be an inspiration for them. #YouReWelcome #StayBlessed
Was it inspiring to have your little bro beat you earlier this month? :sarcasm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
another big night for Canada....not so much for Edmonton yet again...shut out by the Preds and simply didn't look good last night..

A "big night" based on one of the Habs or Sens winning a game against each other? Or Winnipeg beating the whopping Coyotes?

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
another big night for Canada....not so much for Edmonton yet again...shut out by the Preds and simply didn't look good last night..

I don't anyone has quite figured out just how much you are trolling them right now. But you might want to stop American as it is getting rather old....

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
There was only one Canadian Team that really didn't suck last year.

OP needs to change the title so it reflects the actual history of last year.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Jets are good cause all their best players are American.

We do love our Americans (vets and draft picks) but...
We are a melting pot

Canadian: Scheifele, Morrissey, Little, Perreault, Brossoit, Tanev, Morrow, Chiarot, Petan
American: Wheeler, Buff, Hellebuyck, Connor, Trouba, Lowry, Myers, Roslovic, Copp, Lemieux
Finnish: Laine (Vesalainen recently sent down, Niku top D prospect on Moose)
Danish: Ehlers
Russian: Kulikov

No doubt about it the Yanks are a big part of the team.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Why is this even a thing? You do realize the ultimate irony is Gary Bettman actually is actually pleasers with teams in Canada, added another one and if the game wasn’t in the southern states they wouldn’t have the lucrative tv deals.

He’s by far the best commissioner the NHL ever had but people just love spreading this propaganda Bettman hates Canada like it’s a fact.,

Not to derail this thread but isn’t the Canadian broadcast deal bigger?

I’m sure I missed something but just searching on my phone I see the $5.2 billion 12 year Sportsnet deal and the $2 billion 10 year NBC deal. I’m not sure how regional broadcasts or other services play into this?

But that sounds on paper like
Canada : $433 mil per year
US : $200 mil per year

Canada 7 teams - shy of $63 mil per team
US 24 teams - roughly $833k per team

I know the math isn’t that simple and the hypothetical potential of the American market is a big carrot etc....

At any rate the Bettman. Conspirists would suggest that he knows the Canadian fans are mainly in regardless of results. Where as the less traditional markets need results to survive.

Again I only spent a couple of minutes checking an NHL broadcast history page so my apologies if those numbers are way off.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Maybe Toronto is actually terrible and they just pulled a giant trolljob by scoring 6 thousand goals in opening week. One can hope anyway.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Not to derail this thread but isn’t the Canadian broadcast deal bigger?

I’m sure I missed something but just searching on my phone I see the $5.2 billion 12 year Sportsnet deal and the $2 billion 10 year NBC deal. I’m not sure how regional broadcasts or other services play into this?

But that sounds on paper like
Canada : $433 mil per year
US : $200 mil per year

Canada 7 teams - shy of $63 mil per team
US 24 teams - roughly $833k per team

I know the math isn’t that simple and the hypothetical potential of the American market is a big carrot etc....

At any rate the Bettman. Conspirists would suggest that he knows the Canadian fans are mainly in regardless of results. Where as the less traditional markets need results to survive.

Again I only spent a couple of minutes checking an NHL broadcast history page so my apologies if those numbers are way off.

Yeah, I was just referring to other issues but everything your saying I can’t argue with even with as you said the limited research. Fair enough, I was just speaking from an all around standpoint I probably used an iffy example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad