Post-Game Talk: so like game tonight 7:30 against some team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I am shocked how well Wilson is playing. He is all over the place and making the first line go right now.

Really?

I'm not.
The dude is a freaking beast and was one of our best in the playoffs.

I'm not quite sure where to rank him in our team. He is one of those players that the results just happen around him.
Hes not as skilled as Oshie but I hazard to say hes more important. And I love what Oshie brings.

We are very lucky to have Ovi, Backy, Kuzy, Oshie, Wilson.
Just putting him in there with them speaks volumes.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn't mind separating Ovi & Kuz when they're not skating hard, especially if/when the 3rd line is also not doing great. At 100%, they are great with Wilson, but when they both coast, even Wilson can't "untilt" the ice enough. Both Kuz and Ovi can be effective with grinders who just win pucks for them and cover defensively.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I'm not sure what play you are talking about. But Eller gave Vrana a layup and open net.
It is a tremendous tactical advantage to have 3 guys that can enter the zone in the middle of the ice to such a degree that the Penguins when having 2 of the worlds top 3 centers moved heaven and earth for Brassard and for that I am thankful #blessed

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Tom Wilson making sure he's allowed to play games and make impact - so nice!

I don't remember, who were those guys who bet an advitar against him going without suspension?!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Feels like Wilson energizes Ovie. 43 plays so hard all the time, and does all the things Ovie needs his opposite winger to do: win pucks and board battles, clear space and attract attention from D, back-check and transition hard. Think Ovie ends up keeping his feet moving more with Willy out there, because he knows Wilson will me creating opportunities for him

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That win felt a bit different to me. Showed the confidence winning the Cup can give you. Seems like the kind of win you can build a foundation on, use as a springboard.

I think maybe winning a cup is the confidence builder they need for winning another cup. Winning regular season games like a champion is something they have been doing since Trotz first season got rolling. It was carrying that over to the post season that they had trouble with.

Last night's game, to me, is typical of the last 5 seasons. The Caps expect to win these games and often find a way

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
It's seems like it was a good game. Will watch it after work.

Eller with the ot goal in Montreal? Great.
Ovi with 2 goals. Nice
Holtby not injured anymore (I hope so) = nice
2 points and a row on the road. Great

Jun 15, 2007
Really glad we didn't waste one of Ovechkin's rare dominant games.

Also, so far, I've been wrong about Wilson. Let's see if he can keep it up.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Feels like Wilson energizes Ovie. 43 plays so hard all the time, and does all the things Ovie needs his opposite winger to do: win pucks and board battles, clear space and attract attention from D, back-check and transition hard. Think Ovie ends up keeping his feet moving more with Willy out there, because he knows Wilson will me creating opportunities for him

I thought I posted this already, but Wilson lead all forwards again in TOI last night, and trailed only JC and DO for total TOI. Wilson played 23:02 and had ~2:30 of both PP and PK time. Yes, Wilson had 2 plus mins of PP time, obviously Oshie and Kuzy being out left an opening, but TW is the guy they are filling that opening with, in part. 2 apples and 6 hits last night.

For a no talent goon (per the main board trolls), TW sure does play a lot in all situations and helps the team win games, both with pts on the scoreboard and the intangibles.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought I posted this already, but Wilson lead all forwards again in TOI last night, and trailed only JC and DO for total TOI. Wilson played 23:02 and had ~2:30 of both PP and PK time. Yes, Wilson had 2 plus mins of PP time, obviously Oshie and Kuzy being out left an opening, but TW is the guy they are filling that opening with, in part. 2 apples and 6 hits last night.

For a no talent goon (per the main board trolls), TW sure does play a lot in all situations and helps the team win games, both with pts on the scoreboard and the intangibles.

A big part of that was the long stretches of PK time in the 1st/2nd. That pushes Wilson's PKTOI up while Ovechkin was riding the bench.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
A big part of that was the long stretches of PK time in the 1st/2nd. That pushes Wilson's PKTOI up while Ovechkin was riding the bench.
Well thats true but TWs ES TOI was 3rd behind only Ovi and Eller and only ~1:12 ES TOI behind Ovi. And in fact Ovi had exactly 3 seconds more time on the PP than TW last night.

All I'm saying is, TW is playing a lot in all situations and we're thriving. Its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad