So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm hoping a little less money for a little more security . Its 30 mil or 34.5 mil guarentee , things can happen and do often enough career wise [ injuries etc ... } and some like more security .
Morrissey wanted security so took more years and i'm sure for less than he could possibly get on short term deals , everyone is different .

So youre tying to buy a UFA year, for a prime aged, top 6 forward, for 4.5M,.

Bold Strategy.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I don't know about that, it seems like Fletcher doesn't really fight hard at all in these negotiations, based on the ones signed so far. :laugh:

Fletcher has been generous and in every negotiation has overpaid slightly imo. Why do fans want to overpay players (just dion't get it) Kapanan is one if the closest comparables and he signed a 3yr-$3.2 million dollar deal,. People on this board are saying he should get $6 million+ a year ??? Really are you kidding me? Travis has done nothing to deserve that kind of contract especially at 5 or 6 years. I hope Fletcher lets him sit and I really like the kid but thats an overpayment especially on a 5 yr deal. 5yr- $22.5-$25 million or 6yrs at$30-$33 million are more than fair.

Reactions: renberg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The Neck is a guy that the Flyers should be playing hardball with. I love him and don't want him to leave via trade or offer sheet (which I really don't think is likely), but the Flyers have a slew of forwards that they can shift up and down the lineup and multiple guys with comparable potential in the wings. If he holds out, he likely will not be missed all that much. Not a knock at him, I just think that the forward depth is pretty solid right now and we can compensate in a way that will not be felt as much as if this were Provolone. If he wants $7 million you can't pay him that. Clayton Keller just signed for a shade over $7 million. He's two years younger and has more points in about one less season (like 75 games or so). Colin White just signed for a shade under $5 million and he's got the same scoring pace as the Neck from the same draft year. I'd $5.5 million is where we should be, $6.5 million is where they should be, and the deal should be somewhere in between, preferably in the fives.

I really doubt he is going to be the target of an offer sheet. Someone would have to pay way too much for us not to match and wind up giving a 1, 2, 3 for compensation which I doubt anyone is willing to do.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
After what you wanted to give Provorov, you're the last person who should be saying what TK should get.

DFF aka "just give him 8x8 so he doesn't sit out"

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wait, who wanted to do 8x8 for provorov?
8b7c164dc6a780e052c669d135221b9c.png

Reactions: Beef Invictus

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
So youre tying to buy a UFA year, for a prime aged, top 6 forward, for 4.5M,.

Bold Strategy.
I said for security , injuries happen and players go south , it happens all the time just look at our own team , Simmer Elliot Neuvirth Talbot Lindros Lecavilier Pronger and the list goes on . Hockey like football is a very physical game and shit happens .

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I said for security , injuries happen and players go south , it happens all the time just look at our own team , Simmer Elliot Neuvirth Talbot Lindros Lecavilier Pronger and the list goes on . Hockey like football is a very physical game and **** happens .

I mean, those deals are all really old to compare to, and that doesnt really fit the trend of what has been happening currently in contracts, but sure. Let's run with it.

Reactions: wasup

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Thats probably close to the upper limit of where I'd want to be with him.

Ive said 5.7 for me... But with the Boeser contract, and the no contact with the other top guys, its very apparent these wingers are all waiting for a shoe to drop.

I hope we play hardball, but I also want TK on the team, so Im conflicted

Reactions: wasup and Starat327

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I feel like 6 years, $5.5 million is the sweet spot for TK.

See , and that isnt too outlandish. By Fletchs comments about in his 25 years this is new to him, it could be TK is asking for north of 7. I do also strongly think that they are all stuck on 5 year deals

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ive said 5.7 for me... But with the Boeser contract, and the no contact with the other top guys, its very apparent these wingers are all waiting for a shoe to drop.

I hope we play hardball, but I also want TK on the team, so Im conflicted

Same. Id love to see him play, but not at the "at any cost" level of expense. TK isnt worth 7M a season yet, even when you adjust for inflation/rising cap.

Reactions: Breeze 44

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Would’ve been much more willing to bet on Konecny than Provorov.

They’re gonna squeeze him

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
See , and that isnt too outlandish. By Fletchs comments about in his 25 years this is new to him, it could be TK is asking for north of 7. I do also strongly think that they are all stuck on 5 year deals

Yeah it could be that TK's agent is legit using the 5v5 goals per 60 metric to try and get TK paid like a top 20 forward when we all know that regardless of the 5v5 goals, he is not a top 20 forward. He's not even a top 20 RW. Top 30 probably. I really hope their asking price leaks.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good on Fletcher for holding his ground. Even on a long term deal Konecny shouldn't be getting a dime more than 5 million a year.

I think he's clearly worth at least $5 long-term. Back-to-back seasons just under 50 points would put a 2 year bridge in the $4-$4.5 range.

So it stands to reason that going long-term and buying a few UFA years is going to add over $1 million to the AAV. That's why I went with 6 X $5.5.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Yeah it could be that TK's agent is legit using the 5v5 goals per 60 metric to try and get TK paid like a top 20 forward when we all know that regardless of the 5v5 goals, he is not a top 20 forward. He's not even a top 20 RW. Top 30 probably. I really hope their asking price leaks.

Maybe he wants the Nylander deal ?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd say 6x5 is probably what TK is worth, and that's betting on him "getting religion."
The forwards who get in the 9+ range as UFAs are consistent 50+ ES scorers.
40+ guys are more in the 6-7M range. TK right now is a low 40s guy with serious deficiencies in the rest of his game.
So if you figure 4 RFA years should be around $18M (3x4 plus 6M QO) and 2 UFA years at 12-14M. so 30-32 total is the max.

If TK insists on $7+M, I'd say sign the 2 year bridge, prove yourself, then we'll talk about $7+ on your next contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad