Line Combos: so is Ginette Reno a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
In my 30+ years in this province, I had never heard of this woman before, and I hope I never hear her again. That was just uncomfortable yesterday. The anthems really need to go.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'm not against her being the anthem singer, but I'm worried about her health because she has had issues, she's not young anymore and also, she is arguably the second greatest singer to come out of this province but she's in the twilight of her career and this is a big deal for her and I wouldn't want a shocking incident to happen before a game because she really took it to heart (pun SO not intended...) and got another heart attack.....

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'm not against her being the anthem singer, but I'm worried about her health because she has had issues, she's not young anymore and also, she is arguably the second greatest singer to come out of this province but she's in the twilight of her career and this is a big deal for her and I wouldn't want a shocking incident to happen before a game because she really took it to heart (pun SO not intended...) and got another heart attack.....

I'm sure she'd pull through. Not saying she wouldn't collapse backstage after her performance, but Ginette's got balls as big as the Bell Centre: she won't feel the pressure of performing before a big game. In fact, she thrives on the opportunity/performance: she's like a player who finishes a game while being hurt. I'm sure she'd take an arrow to the knee and still finish the national anthem :nod:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Right. You probably just realized you posted your girlfriend's pic.

Just kidding. I know you don't have a girlfriend......that looks that great.

Is this where I come back and mention that my half russian half polish fiancee was a former miss Canada contestant...?

Meh screw it

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Is this where I come back and mention that my half russian half polish fiancee was a former miss Canada contestant...?

Meh screw it

Did you just offer me your half Russian half Polish fiancee who was a former Miss Canada contestant?

I better stop joking around. You're gonna start thinking I mean this crap.

PricePkPatch*

You can still don't care about québec music but how does one not know about the province's greatest artists?

Pretty much this. It's like living in Quebec for 30 years and not knowing who are Gilles Vigneault, Yvon Deschamps, Remy Girard or Robert Charlebois..

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Pretty much this. It's like living in Quebec for 30 years and not knowing who are Gilles Vigneault, Yvon Deschamps, Remy Girard or Robert Charlebois..

What is more ignorant is to think everyone should know these ppl.

My cousin is a leading cardiologist in a Montreal hospital and has not heard of them. I guess that means he's a shmuck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad