Line Combos: so is Ginette Reno a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Look up, I posted a link to an article about it.

Sweet.

That's what I love about management. They take curve balls and roll with them for the fan's enjoyment.

I am sure Bourque said he'd like her back in a jokish manner, half-serious. But management jumped on the occasion, and made the play anyway.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Didn't Charles Linton Prevost became a deputy or something like that?

He didnt win his election but he tried his luck.

My opinion on Ginette reno is that she sounded great. She lost some of her voice but its normal with age. Im not a fan of her, but the passion and emotion she brought was AWSOME. When Bourque scored, i was rdy to cry :help:, no kidding.

CastroLeRobot

Hab-a-bouille
Oct 4, 2007
Montreal
He didnt win his election but he tried his luck.

My opinion on Ginette reno is that she sounded great. She lost some of her voice but its normal with age. Im not a fan of her, but the passion and emotion she brought was AWSOME. When Bourque scored, i was rdy to cry :help:, no kidding.

It was her first performance since her heart attack last year.

:handclap:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Sweet.

That's what I love about management. They take curve balls and roll with them for the fan's enjoyment.

I am sure Bourque said he'd like her back in a jokish manner, half-serious. But management jumped on the occasion, and made the play anyway.
Well, he seemed to love it so much that he scored 11 seconds in :naughty:

Nah, she could belt it. The crowd loved it too, which made me love it.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Well, he seemed to love it so much that he scored 11 seconds in :naughty:

Nah, she could belt it. The crowd loved it too, which made me love it.

Exactly. Even thought she isn't in her prime anymore she can still bring the goods by her sheer presence. So people outside of Quebec don't know her - it's not the end of the world. It's not about them, just this one thing, and it fit perfectly with what the habs represents in Quebec.

PricePkPatch*

Exactly. Even thought she isn't in her prime anymore she can still bring the goods by her sheer presence. So people outside of Quebec don't know her - it's not the end of the world. It's not about them, just this one thing, and it fit perfectly with what the habs represents in Quebec.

Plus. If she is our good luck charm for this playoff series... why not? :handclap:

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
I always like it when the Symphony Brass section plays the anthem .... I'm pretty sure we usually win when they play.

Would like to see any of you guys who are dissing her singing try to do better yourselves. Reno was fine. You could tell from the crowds reaction when introduced how famous she is in PQ. She hasn't got the pipes to sing too high anymore (if she ever did) but no matter what, she's infinitely better than that lush in Boston.

Neutrino

Jan 18, 2011
Montreal
Coeur de Pirate, she's a chanson singer popular in Quebec and France. I used to really like her stuff...then I heard her sing at that game. WHOA. If anything you understate it, she was atrocious. She wasn't off key, she was somewhere on the other side of the street from the correct key.

I have to think she was nervous, I don't think she's a producer's creation or anything like that.

She was great, what were you listening to ?

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
She saw her cardiologist today, and it's confirmed, she'll be back for game 4. :laugh:

Well, that's what they said on 5 à 7 a bit earlier on.

Great news!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Who is she?

Greatest singer in the history of Quebec. But i'm not a fan. My mother loves her, though.

I would be partial to using Doucet's recording. Dude was a God of anthem singers cause while bombasting, he would tear into it like a man possessed without overdoing like Miss Reno did there.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Tell her she can stop or move backwards or move sideways. And by the way what do you have against her moving forward?

edit not right... random morbidly obese pic of lady removed... that can be someones daughter.... or even worse, wife

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
edit not right... random morbidly obese pic of lady removed... that can be someones daughter.... or even worse, wife

Right. You probably just realized you posted your girlfriend's pic.

Just kidding. I know you don't have a girlfriend......that looks that great.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
She used to work along producer René Angelil before he discovered Céline Dion. She used to have a powerful voice. Not my style of music, but my mom loves her too. I absolutly loved her warm and noble performance.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Hey, a 6XL jersey again ;)

3931403.jpg

(not from last night; from Flower's last game with Les Anciens Canadiens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad