Line Combos: so is Ginette Reno a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
Kate Smith singing God Bless America is never "God-awful".
Well the song is terrible, jingoistic garbage, so that's going a long way towards it being god-awful.

Ginette Reno sang O Canada like she already had tickets to the game. It was great and she was having as much fun as the fans were. GHG.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
When I was at a Habs-Bruins game in December they had some little Pirate girl sing and THAT was bad. This woman was definitely intense. I remember they used to get some guy named Joseph Kaiser, I believe and he was pretty good. Much better than the normal guy.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I think Reno is quality depth especially in the playoff where her experience and passion can make a difference, but for me Charles Prevost Linton is still my go-to guy in the regular season, as the kind of consistency he brings is hard to find. And honestly, Reno isn't getting any younger and she won't be there for that long.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I think Reno is quality depth especially in the playoff where her experience and passion can make a difference, but for me Charles Prevost Linton is still my go-to guy in the regular season, as the kind of consistency he brings is hard to find. And honestly, Reno isn't getting any younger and she won't be there for that long.

She's Playoffs Bourque ;)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think Gregory Charles is hard to beat.

Skip to 7:30 mark. Damn, dat "fleurons glorieux".

You want to intimidate a team? Surprise the fans and bring out Celine like they did Ginette. The place would explode.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com

I say we resign her.

1yr/$10k: cap-friendly hometown discount

Davebo*

I love the flourish with her arms at the end, as if to say 'nailed it!'.

She polarized the crowd - they loved her. That reason alone is enough to bring her back again.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Who is she?

A legend in Quebec. Like, the best non-opera voice to come from the province. She did suffer a stroke or something like that a while back, which MIGHT have damaged her voice somewhat.

We thought it took her some 30 seconds to be top-shape.

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
When I was at a Habs-Bruins game in December they had some little Pirate girl sing and THAT was bad. This woman was definitely intense. I remember they used to get some guy named Joseph Kaiser, I believe and he was pretty good. Much better than the normal guy.

Coeur de Pirate, she's a chanson singer popular in Quebec and France. I used to really like her stuff...then I heard her sing at that game. WHOA. If anything you understate it, she was atrocious. She wasn't off key, she was somewhere on the other side of the street from the correct key.

I have to think she was nervous, I don't think she's a producer's creation or anything like that.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I wasn't familiar with her prior to last night, but she killed it. I'd have her perform the any time over Prevost Linton.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
l
I'd put her in goals. Because as we all know...

GDoNefF.jpg

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal

I was at that Boston game and she was horrible lol and she even screwed up lol

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
she is a legend in Quebec, she didn't sound all that great but i think it was her emotion getting the best of her, not sure she is in the best of health, maybe her last public appearance? but it got the crowd going

It's like complaining that Bruce Springsteen's voice is not what it once was. Perhaps, but if NJ or Philly trotted him for a big game, it would be electric in that rink.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Coeur De Pirate.

My god, does she ever suck.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Kaiser is terrific. Let him be the regular guy over Prevost-Linton, but if you can get Ginette Reno or Celine Dion (or for the younger crowd, Annie Villeneuve or Nikki Yanofsky) for a big game, go for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad