So how about trading Seth .....

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Yeah, I still think Ellis fits into the #3 spot better than Jones does long term.

And to the people that are saying he is Weber's long-term replacement: we can't be sure Jones wouldn't want to leave NSH before then. He will have gone through at least two or three contracts before Weber's is up, and will he be patient waiting behind Weber? Or will he want to leave and make an immediate impact on someone else's top pairing?

I think you're underrating Jones here. To me, Ellis will be very fortunate to be a better #3 defenseman than Jones. It's early, but Jones has #1 potential, and i'd bet on him being no worse than a good 2nd pairing defender.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
I think you're underrating Jones here. To me, Ellis will be very fortunate to be a better #3 defenseman than Jones. It's early, but Jones has #1 potential, and i'd bet on him being no worse than a good 2nd pairing defender.

I'm not underrating Jones. I think in the long-term, Jones will be better. I'm saying Ellis makes for a better #3 defenseman in the future - I think he will fit specifically into that spot better. If Jones lives up to the hype he will want more ice time and more money.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
One year in the NHL, people. ONE YEAR.

As a teenager.....

Jones playing a full season on defense at age 19 is basically like judging what a forward does at age 17. People need to calm down with the ludicrous notion of trading him. Unless the return is something worth burning couches over, I wouldn't even think about it. Sorry people.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
As a teenager.....

Jones playing a full season on defense at age 19 is basically like judging what a forward does at age 17. People need to calm down with the ludicrous notion of trading him. Unless the return is something worth burning couches over, I wouldn't even think about it. Sorry people.

I agree that Jones has a chance to be special, but if someone like Couture or Duchene can be had for him (as has been suggested by some of those teams' posters), we should take it. We need a top line center.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
As a teenager.....

Exactly. Go back and compare how long it took for suter, weber, timonen, hamhuis, Josi to make it to the NHL after being drafted. I think suter was the fastest at 3 years. (By the way, I'm pretty sure all were older than jones when drafted).

Then consider how they each looked when they arrived- not better than jones other than maybe being more prepared for the rigors of a full season. This guy is likely going to be significantly better than suter and Josi, while playing a similar game. You don't trade that away after one year. It may be fun to speculate but it's crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad