So, can we take the hand of the panic button?

CloneHakanPlease*

Threads like this are ********.

People have legit criticisms. Very few people are "panicking."

I consider myself to be an honest critic -- and many people here would say I'm among the loudest critics.

And I put them as a team that finishes 6th to 10th. Hardly panicking -- considering the difference between 6th and 10th might be 6-8 points.

Right now, we're 4-3-1.

And we got gifted a win by the refs vs St. Loo.

I'd say we're heading straight for 6-10 territory.

So what the hell are you boasting about?

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. -Norman Peale.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I don't think anyone is hitting the panic button, the Red Wings are just a mediocre to good team. Holland didn't do much to improve a team that got trounced in the playoffs last year so unless Pavel and Hank are putting up 3-4 PPG the chances of them winning a game aren't that great.

I'm sure Saint Louis would beat Columbus on a back to back

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You obviously haven't been.

Who are the people who are panicking?

Or do you not understand what panic means?

Panic means pointing out that the Red Wings are not as good as they used to be and probably will get bounced in the first round if they even make the playoffs.

PANICCC.

HTT3*

Even in the late 90's early 2000s Wings were not a contender every year. They had off years. They were even bounced in the first round by the lowly Oilers.

I think it is unrealistic to expect any team to be a contender every year. That said, I think Wings make the playoffs somewhere in the middle of the pack... and once you make the playoffs, as proven by LA Kings... anything can happen.

I'm just enjoying hockey.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
their is a 100% fact that in a 48 game season with NO out of conference matchups, that inter-division matchups become even more important.

No team, not the Wings, Bruins, Caps, Rangers, Canucks or whoever who dont win more then they lose against divsion opponents will make the playoffs this year

these are facts not panicky statements

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
So........Smith is out with injury....I think maybe it's time to make a trade for someone. We needed it before all this happened anyway...

I like our offense. It's the defense that really scares the crap out of me.:cry:

HTT3*

So........Smith is out with injury....I think maybe it's time to make a trade for someone. We needed it before all this happened anyway...

I like our offense. It's the defense that really scares the crap out of me.:cry:

I had high expectations of Kronwall being a decent top 2 dman. He's been a complete let down. Without Stuart bailing him out, he's garbage.

I would trade him in a package deal for Boumeester in a heartbeat.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I had high expectations of Kronwall being a decent top 2 dman. He's been a complete let down. Without Stuart bailing him out, he's garbage.

NO we dont trade Kronwall..
the problem is he isnt a #1 dman but he is being tasked with that role and all that comes with it.

he is legit #2 dman

trade for mike green if he is available and let him run the offence from the blueline and let kronwall sweep up the rest

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Trading Kronner is a very, very bad idea. Trading him for JBo is even worse.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
NO we dont trade Kronwall..
the problem is he isnt a #1 dman but he is being tasked with that role and all that comes with it.

he is legit #2 dman

trade for mike green if he is available and let him run the offence from the blueline and let kronwall sweep up the rest

That's assuming Kronwall can play decent defense.

CloneHakanPlease*

Boumeester

Boumeester

Boumeester

th_rayj.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes

Problem here is your observations don't necessarily support your conclusion.

You had high expectations for Kronwall, presumably because he was really good playing with a steady, defensive defenseman.

So why not bring a Stuart type in, rather than ship out a cap-friendly, core player?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That's assuming Kronwall can play decent defense.

he has before and he can

what he cant do is be the key/main offensive blueliner, the defensive leader on the blueline, the mentor of the blueline, the leader of that blueline the key physical player on the blueline, the #1pp quaterback, etc

we need someone to take some pressure off of him

HTT3*

Problem here is your observations don't necessarily support your conclusion.

You had high expectations for Kronwall, presumably because he was really good playing with a steady, defensive defenseman.

So why not bring a Stuart type in, rather than ship out a cap-friendly, core player?

I would rather Bouwmeester. maybe package up Smith to score him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad