So Babcock needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
You don't need a proven coach with this group IMO. You need someone they can work with and not against.

Look at all these names coaching the teams at the top of the standings or who went far last season

Craig Berube
Jared Bednar
Bruce Cassidy
Rod BrindAmour
Ralph Kruger (if someone is willing to buy the Buf hype)

Not exactly the who's who of the coaching fraternity

If we're going to make a change, we shouldnt be afraid to go with someone thats unproven.

Reactions: stickty111

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You don't need a proven coach with this group IMO. You need someone they can work with and not against.
your arrogence is beyond astounding
Until another head coach comes in here and has the same issues as Babcock, I am reserving my opinion of Dubas and the construction of this roster. I believe it is good enough to win, if it is provided the proper game plan to take advantage of the skills our roster presents. However, forcing a style or game plan on a group of players not suited to that game plan is totally on the coach, especially in a situation like this where it is clearly NOT working.
i'm sorry

what is "the proper game plan"?

what exactly is babs doing wrong, i would love to hear it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

i'm sorry

We need a coaching change to expose what is here.
Then we need a Raptors trade of high end (not Kadri or a Kapanen) to bring drive train in here.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Look at all these names coaching the teams at the top of the standings or who went far last season

Craig Berube
Jared Bednar
Bruce Cassidy
Rod BrindAmour
Ralph Kruger (if someone is willing to buy the Buf hype)

Not exactly the who's who of the coaching fraternity

If we're going to make a change, we shouldnt be afraid to go with someone thats unproven.
you can't force players to play 200 foot hockey

you can't force players to have each others backs.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
We need a coaching change to expose what is here.
Then we need a Raptors trade of high end (not Kadri or a Kapanen) to bring drive train in here.

IF you do a coaching change right now then you are letting the inmates run the asylum

and the media dictate policy

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
What specific changes do people see Keefe making over what babs is doing now? different line combos? different PKers? how does his systems differ from babs from everyones viewing of the Marlies?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
IF you do a coaching change right now then you are letting the inmates run the asylum

and the media dictate policy
They might already be dictating it from what we see. And if they are, they are the wrong bunch anyway.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
What specific changes do people see Keefe making over what babs is doing now? different line combos? different PKers? how does his systems differ from babs from everyones viewing of the Marlies?

He would give PP1 more ice time. Crazy how Babcock keeps making them change after the first time the puck gets cleared 30 seconds into the PP.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Have to wonder how long the Leafs struggles would have to continue for in order for Babcock to get the axe.
I think Dubas waits to see how the team performs with a full lineup (jt, hyman and dermott).

If they don't measure up after 10 games, Babcock goes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I see why Babcock is someone that a lot of fans dislike, but I really do sympathize with his position having to work with an unresponsive core and a very flawed roster. He seems to get a lot out of the middle six, bottom 9 kind of guys but has lost the plot with the big guns. The defense is beyond terrible.

My biggest concern with firing Babcock is having Matthews, Marner and friends turn the replacement into a Peter Horacek. Inmates run the asylum. No veteran supervision.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

i'm sorry

his approach , game plan , personality and methods of motivation are not penetrating and inspiring the young core of our group , plain and simple , it’s strikingly obvious and has been going on for 60-75 games now
These are facts
I’m not saying he’s a horrible coach
Just not the coach for this team at the moment and how they are being built and building towards the future .
That’s all man

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I see why Babcock is someone that a lot of fans dislike, but I really do sympathize with his position having to work with an unresponsive core and a very flawed roster. He seems to get a lot out of the middle six, bottom 9 kind of guys but has lost the plot with the big guns. The defense is beyond terrible.

My biggest concern with firing Babcock is having Matthews, Marner and friends turn the replacement into a Peter Horacek. Inmates run the asylum. No veteran supervision.
If the next coach becomes Horacek, they become Phaneuf/Kessel and don't stick around too long

Reactions: Polaris1010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad