So Babcock needs to go... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Oh yeah such grinders like Hudler, Flippula, Samuelsson. Maybe Franzen I guess, but he had talent as well. They had few guy you could characterize like that, but they chipped in as well.

I won't ignore the fact that he tends to overindulged in certain players (Hyman). Perhaps some of the traits that you've described need to be adopted. There is some similarities between the his Detroit teams and the Boston team that has seen us off the last two playoffs.

Ask Detroit fans about Cleary and Abdelkader. He had his dream bottom-6 in Detroit.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yep... Babs sucks, he should have surgically transplanted Pastrnak, Marchand, Crosby's heart into his star players by now.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Yep... Babs sucks, he should have surgically transplanted Pastrnak, Marchand, Crosby's heart into his star players by now.

So instead he will rely on icing guys like Brown and Marleau with barely any time left on the clock in a game 7.

That'll give our young stars confidence right? Also a great move, that Brown and Marleau sure are gud pros.

Reactions: KapG

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
i say if babcock calls hfboards HIFFBoards, then you keep him

else

fire him

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019

Babs taking another shot at management? He’s not wrong.

So was it clean or not? Ref said no penalty even, what do you want? Us to go down a man?

It’s either the above situation or this:

“Who’s going to do that” means “Why would someone do that” because the ref didn’t even call a penalty.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is there anything we can do now that CBC has confirmed the Leafs management is refusing to even consider the possibility of letting Babcock go?

I think all that talk of Dubas wanting Babcock gone is kind of BS now.

Looks like they are extremely confident in Babcock and want him to remain for the rest of the 5 years or so on his contract, and probably want to give him an extension for another 10 years.

Not sure what we can do at this point.

I hope Matthews gets traded ASAP so he can really reach his potential and win some cups. So glad for Kadri that he got out of this hell hole. Hope he wins a Cup just like Kessel and Bozak.

Reactions: mallory67

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keefe split up Lilly and Sandin to start the game, but with the team trailing, he put them back together. While Babcock can't motivate a team.

Reactions: saffronleaf

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Keefe split up Lilly and Sandin to start the game, but with the team trailing, he put them back together. While Babcock can't motivate a team.

Babcocks shelf life is expired.. Keefe isn’t the answer, either. Lots of better options out there.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
8 year contract was probably not brightest idea. However no one thought Babs would be tuned out by players myself included. However even I believe he needs to go now as Leafs need a change and quick before losing turns into lost confidence and lost season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad