Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Bill Burr/Morgan Wallen
Issa Rae/Justin Bieber

Those are the next two shows on Oct 10 and Oct 17

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Highlight of the show?

They had how long to write this episode?

Meghan The Stallion? That was the oddest song she did first. Did she really need to lip sync?

I personally thought the monologue was the best part of the show. I didn’t watch the musical performance. I rarely do unless I know who the artist is.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I personally thought the monologue was the best part of the show. I didn’t watch the musical performance. I rarely do unless I know who the artist is.
Stripper music.

It's painfully obvious this show is not as good as it used to be. A skit with jim carey that doesn't result in any laughs is a red flag.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Carrey is pretty decent at doing Biden. Has his speaking pace down, but he's a little over theatric with it.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thoughts on last nights show? Thought it was kind of underwhelming.

Yeah. Only 3 live sketches, and two of them were list-fests (names / characters). Mooney's was the highlight live sketch ("my mom marries Keenan Thompson?"! was a lol line) and the Stunts was the best video sketch.

I'm expecting the cold opens to continue to be very long during election season, and with another comic hosting this week (which translates to lengthy monologue), I'm also expecting things to be pretty thin on the live sketch front again.

Meghan The Stallion? That was the oddest song she did first. Did she really need to lip sync?

Sounded to me like she had the vocal track playing throughout, but her mic was also live, so when she was speaking into it, you got that double-track vocal effect, and when she chose not to, you still had the single pre-taped vocal track playing. This isn't a "this is good/bad" post, purely just an observation.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah. Only 3 live sketches, and two of them were list-fests (names / characters). Mooney's was the highlight live sketch ("my mom marries Keenan Thompson?"! was a lol line) and the Stunts was the best video sketch.

I'm expecting the cold opens to continue to be very long during election season, and with another comic hosting this week (which translates to lengthy monologue), I'm also expecting things to be pretty thin on the live sketch front again.

Sounded to me like she had the vocal track playing throughout, but her mic was also live, so when she was speaking into it, you got that double-track vocal effect, and when she chose not to, you still had the single pre-taped vocal track playing. This isn't a "this is good/bad" post, purely just an observation.
Oh i know."Usually" when you have vocals playing in the back ground it's because the artist is dancing and it's a way not to effect the song. For her though other than twerking she chose to do that by default.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
It really depends on your age.

I liked some of the old stuff but I found it was pretty hokey too.

When I really started following was the mid 80s so it was Dunn, Hartman, Carvey, Lovitz, Miller, Jackson, Nealon.

I think you always have a bit of a soft spot for the cast that brought you into the show.

I PVR it every week and watch it on Sunday mornings and there's still some great stuff out there.
SNL is usually considered better when they have smaller cast sizes some of the recent seasons have had over 15 cast members.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I thought Mooney was incredibly annoying in that sketch to be honest. It wasn’t really that funny to me until the end with Keenan.

The first sketch with the silly names could have been written by a 14 year old. Edith Puthie? Mike Clitt? Seriously? I thought this show was written by adults.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I thought Mooney was incredibly annoying in that sketch to be honest. It wasn’t really that funny to me until the end with Keenan.

Yes, the end was definitely the best part and made it worthwhile. I agree re: Mooney, I was more a fan of the premise than how it was actually executed. I guess the bar was so low that episode for creativity re: live sketches that I'll take anything I can get.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Morgan Wallen (I have no idea) has been cancelled as musical guest this weekend for not following COVID guidelines. No replacement has been named as of yet.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Morgan Wallen (I have no idea) has been cancelled as musical guest this weekend for not following COVID guidelines. No replacement has been named as of yet.

More about Morgan Wallen ( I have no idea who this goof is either :dunno: ) being dropped from the show.

from etcanada.com:

Country singer Morgan Wallen was to have made his " Saturday Night Live " debut on the Oct. 11 episode, but that will no longer be happening thanks to a TikTok video that’s making the rounds on the internet.

In that video, the 27-year-old “Whiskey Glasses” singer is seen at a crowded house party, where social distancing is not being practiced nobody seems to be wearing masks.

In between downing shots, Wallen leans over and kisses an unidentified woman on the lips.

After being hit with backlash on social media, Wallen took to Instagram to explain himself.

Full story: ‘SNL’ Ditches Morgan Wallen As Musical Guest After TikTok Video Of Maskless Partying

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Decent show tonight. Here are my thoughts.

-Cold open was terrible. Not funny.
-Burr’s monologue was fine, not great.
-The mafia sketch was funny.
-Jack White killed it. Love that he threw in some “Ball and Biscuit”
-Weekend update was allright as per usual
-Cecily Strong was not in the show at all, and I don’t care for that

Sep 19, 2008
Decent show tonight. Here are my thoughts.

-Cold open was terrible. Not funny.
-Burr’s monologue was fine, not great.
-The mafia sketch was funny.
-Jack White killed it. Love that he threw in some “Ball and Biscuit”
-Weekend update was allright as per usual
-Cecily Strong was not in the show at all, and I don’t care for that
He's toned down without profanity but still tolerable

He's the best when he's allowed to curse freely. "f***IN LAYDEE"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad