GDT: SNES in Anaheim Wednesday night 10pm

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I really wasn't impressed by what I saw from Chabot in the penalty box last night at the end of the game. In comparison to Batherson, whom you could see was just absolutely dejected and almost on the point of tears at losing another game and season, Chabot was just shooting the shit, just clearly didn't give a f***. I know it's just a 20 second clip of them, but I thought it spoke a thousand words.

Reactions: albator71

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I missed this one. Extended highlights show a couple of high slot deflections (one that was supposed to be a pass but off the D) getting past Sogaard, and the Anaheim goalie making some huge saves... tough night, I don't think you can blame Sogaard on either goal, nor can you blame the guys for not getting chances. When it rains it poors I suppose, but at least it helps the tank.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Seems she has a pretty solid handle on what is going on with this team. I loved when she said "It's not just about player skills, it is about fit..." Dead on!
She really knows the "ins and outs" on this!

Looking ahead to the draft, what exactly is the major need? Best player available? Forward? Defense?
We need just about everything: goaltender, defencemen, forwards, centres, physical players, coaching staff, competent experienced GM. I go with BPA.

Reactions: SensFanInMTL

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My team for next season

Tkachuk-Stutzle-xxxxx
xxxx-Pinto-Giroux
xxxx-Greig-Joseph
xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Sanderson-Zub
xxxxx-xxxx
Klevin-xxxx

I am done with everyone not on this roster.
You are missing/trading:
Batherson - earns his $5M
Norris - injuries have wrecked him; $8M contract was a mistake caused by Dorion
Kelly - earns his $800K
Chabot - not worth $8M, perhaps $5M
Chychrun - worth his $4.5M but likely not worth the $7-$8M he might fetch as a UFA.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ya, it's tough, a bitch of a time wanting them to win but knowing that is likely the worst thing for them! The only consolation I take in that is knowing that losing is rather pointless to because even if/when they have the very best draft lottery odds, the league screws them out of it anyway.
The worst the league can screw us is by 2 spots in the draft order, unless they come up with another "Dadonov NTC List Debacle". Losing a 1st round draft pick for that Dorion Daftness is overkill!

Hope not.... big 4 pointer. If there is one fanbase that deserves to win the lottery its us. 7 straight years of pathetic losing. Run by pathetic losers.
"The Three Stooges" screwed this team.

Reactions: WallyD

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reactions: Speatleysson

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
The worst the league can screw us is by 2 spots in the draft order, unless they come up with another "Dadonov NTC List Debacle". Losing a 1st round draft pick for that Dorion Daftness is overkill!

"The Three Stooges" screwed this team.
If we win the lottery, I fully expect the league for force us to give up that pick instead of giving us the option for another one.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Imagine if we actually had a goaltender who could win us games. I am not blaming Soogard for this game, because he requires more time to develop. On the other hand, Dostal won this game for Anaheim. Imagine if we had that kind of goaltending all season.
Sogaard let in 2 goals. We scored only 1. The problem tonight was definitely scoring.

Soogard ain't it. He will never be it he has no hockey sense and can't track a puck.
If only he was as wide as he is tall!

Reactions: DylanSensFan

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
This team needs to be blown up and rebuild again! The last GM made a f***ing mess of everything and now we are facing another rebuild, this is gonna take a while to fix boys and girls it's been 7 years but it could be another 2-3 year before we have a sniff at the playoffs. But we do have a team!!

Reactions: LiseL

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
No trade Batherson or Zub pls. Integral members of our team. I almost would want to move on from BOTH Chabot and Chychrun. I think we are stuck with Norris unless we buy him out, and that's fine(?).

Call up Sokolov. Or Smejkal. Waive Kubalik?
Don't forget Boucher and Imama!

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I really wasn't impressed by what I saw from Chabot in the penalty box last night at the end of the game. In comparison to Batherson, whom you could see was just absolutely dejected and almost on the point of tears at losing another game and season, Chabot was just shooting the shit, just clearly didn't give a f***. I know it's just a 20 second clip of them, but I thought it spoke a thousand words.
I agree we have too many players that don't give a shit.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I missed this one. Extended highlights show a couple of high slot deflections (one that was supposed to be a pass but off the D) getting past Sogaard, and the Anaheim goalie making some huge saves... tough night, I don't think you can blame Sogaard on either goal, nor can you blame the guys for not getting chances. When it rains it poors I suppose, but at least it helps the tank.
You’re much kinder than I plan to be with these losers. They lost to an AHL team, and only wake up when they are down and in danger of losing (which 99% of the time they end up losing). This team has no pride to not lose yet again to a team clearly inferior to theirs. They should be embarrassed despite any circumstance, and I seriously question whatever leadership or team dynamic we got going on that couldn’t muster up the will to compete against a sub-par team like Anaheim. f***ing joke

Can’t believe this team had me believing again in their January-February run. I used to get up and be stoked for games in my time zone. I only caught like last 5 mins yesterday and saw enough. Seriously regretting my decision for purchasing tickets for Saturday’s game, they will 100% go winless in California. Most embarrassed I’ve been as a fan in a long time.

Last edited:

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Ya, it's tough, a bitch of a time wanting them to win but knowing that is likely the worst thing for them! The only consolation I take in that is knowing that losing is rather pointless to because even if/when they have the very best draft lottery odds, the league screws them out of it anyway.
Maybe new ownership will remove our draft lottery jinx.

Reactions: WallyD

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
They lost to an AHL team, and only wake up when they are down and in danger of losing (which 99% of the time they end up losing). This team has no pride to not lose yet again to a team clearly inferior to theirs. They should be embarrassed despite any circumstance, and I seriously question whatever leadership or team dynamic we got going on that couldn’t muster up the will to compete against a sub-par team like Anaheim. f***ing joke

They dominated the game but just couldn't get a break. Stutzle looked like the player from a year ago and Batherson looked like his pre-Dell cheapshot self.

Anaheim had like 4 shots 30 minutes into the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad