Smith to The Rangers for 2017 3rd, 2018 2nd

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I find it a huge breath of fresh air, especially with the rumors he could stay. Smith was a problem here I stand 100% by that. So tired of watching him and the cycle of benchings it was pathetic. You can't have the mental blocks he has and play in the NHL. Well I guess you can but he'll be exposed in NY after 5 minutes.

Really have to wonder what's up with the Rangers. The Brassard trade and now signing Smith? Sorry I can't respect the judgement or hopes of a team that takes Smith for any reason, really stupid. Hilarious the Caps got Shattenkirk and NY picks up Smith...

What's wrong with the Brassard trade?

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
it changes how people point to this trade, and the Jurco trade, and potential Vanek/Ott trades as some sort of harbinger of an actual rebuild. It's nice that Holland sold off a salable asset in a season that's clearly torpedoed at this point. But that's all it is.

If anyone is going to point to this move and start talking rebuild, it should be rebutted.

Why? Because you can read Holland's mind or see the future? Are you using deductive reasoning to apply a conclusion to a scenario that has literally never been the actual case before in his career as a GM?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
it changes how people point to this trade, and the Jurco trade, and potential Vanek/Ott trades as some sort of harbinger of an actual rebuild. It's nice that Holland sold off a salable asset in a season that's clearly torpedoed at this point. But that's all it is.

If anyone is going to point to this move and start talking rebuild, it should be rebutted.
At what amount of trades does it become an "actual" rebuild? This is our first year out of the playoffs, it makes no sense to do a panic firesale. Holland is doing a fine job so far.

Oct 18, 2006
Fantastic trade! Well done Kenny, he didn't cave to player demands for once.

Good luck to Smith, hope he does well, but so glad he's gone.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Yeah this was a good Kenny. I knew, when my friend texted me complaining about this one. He's a Rags can.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We have lost two regular healthy scratches, and Marchenko so far from this team. I am not sure we will be playing all that different...

I'm not sure it's really sunk in this team has only won 17 games without the shootout.

Last year, they won 39. To match that, the Wings would have to win every single game for the rest of the year. 22 straight, baby!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm not sure it's really sunk in this team has only won 17 games without the shootout.

Last year, they won 39. To match that, the Wings would have to win every single game for the rest of the year. 22 straight, baby!
It's human nature to resist change. That said, the reality is that they're in need of some changes, and it would be prudent for those changes to include selling Vanek.

I mean, at 7 points ahead of Arizona, it's not unfeasible to deal a top scorer and "catch" the Coyotes for 2nd overall, going into the draft lottery. Even if the ping pong balls aren't favorable, it makes a difference, with Vegas in the mix, not being able to slide past 5OA versus 7OA, for the players they'll have on the board (or the cost of moving up, if there's another guy they covet).

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Smith and the Rangers will be on NBCSN at 7 tonight. I think I'm going to actually try to catch it. I'm expecting him I have a great first game.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
I watched the first couple minutes and Smith looked real bad. Bad turn over in his first shift, stuck in his own end, next time he was out he was beat to a puck in the corner, fell over. Im happy he is not a Red Wing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I watched the first couple minutes and Smith looked real bad. Bad turn over in his first shift, stuck in his own end, next time he was out he was beat to a puck in the corner, fell over. Im happy he is not a Red Wing.

According to their game thread and post game thread, he was much better the latter 2 periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad