Injury Report: Smith "Lower Body Injury" - [UPD: Returned to AZ to consult team med staff]

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Small sample size but Smith looked good from the get go this season. So what I'm saying is he's definitely hurt and will be out for awhile because Coyotes.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Well, you figure what?

- Smith's not that bad off, and will stay on the trip... LD to get a few starts, though
- he's bad enough, and we start the AHL goalie shuffle, which they'd have to announce today or tomorrow (and since that goalie's in Tucson - oh the irony since they just moved from Massachusetts - we get a cool story about a french canadian men's league goalie that gets to be NHLer For A Day)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Smitty is out for any length of time, how about swapping Michalek for Pavelec?

Two pending UFAs with high salaries who are both in the minors right now. Pavelec's cap is 700k more than Z's.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ

As a tall guy with knee sprain issues, hopefully it was just a quick sprain.. those are scary as hell but if there's no tear.. that should be good but i'd worry about his confidence in the knee moving forward. It'll be on his mind ALOT.

He may need to put on one hell of a brace on that knee.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If Smitty is out for any length of time, how about swapping Michalek for Pavelec?

Two pending UFAs with high salaries who are both in the minors right now. Pavelec's cap is 700k more than Z's.
not a bad idea, maybe we take that headache Trouba off their hands also...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Smith will be bought out in summer and AZ will deal for Fleury later this year once Murray returns or just after playoffs/prior to expansion draft. That's my call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad