Value of: Smashville for sale

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
OP offers [relative] crap, looking to steal value. Other fans ignore OP, offer [relative] crap for our best players. Trade board in a nutshell.

No reason to even think about trading guys like Forsberg or Neal. Ekholm has been a train wreck this season, but Lavy refuses to put him and Ellis back together, which would probably cure his suckage.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
OP offers [relative] crap, looking to steal value. Other fans ignore OP, offer [relative] crap for or best players. Trade board in a nutshell.

No reason to even think about trading guys like Forsberg or Neal. Ekholm has been a train wreck this season, but Lavy refuses to put him and Ellis back together, which would probably cure his suckage.

I've noticed Lavy has pretty much no patience. Josi and Subban barely had time together in preseason because of the World Cup but Lavy split them up almost immediately.

He's had no patience in long OT games in the playoffs with Fiala and Aberg even though they have the talent to end a game, basically sabotaging the team by playing 11 forwards forcing guys into double shifts when they're already tired.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I believe he and Carrie have another baby on the way. Maybe he'd prefer to be closer to his wife during that?

They're looking to have another, per the gossip rags. Even if she was to get pregnant now, however, she wouldn't pop out a kid until late next summer/fall.

None of us are in his head, so we won't know for sure.

Great, so why do Preds fans keep saying he won't waive his NMC?

But not everyone wants to sacrifice time with their family to get a Cup. There are plenty of older players who aren't on contenders (Iginla, for example) who value the additional time with family more. Wasn't there also a dude on Calgary who didn't want to leave the falmes, despite them being bad?

If that's how Fisher prioritizes things, then I guess a contender isn't really missing out on anything. Wanting to win should be paramount for a competitive professional athlete- emphasis on competitive.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
OP offers [relative] crap, looking to steal value. Other fans ignore OP, offer [relative] crap for our best players. Trade board in a nutshell.

Bitter much?

I offered up the UFA'S if that's crap that's not on me.

Go cry a river.

Edit to add ekholm sucked in the World Cup so it's not a issue of the Ellis pairing.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Andrew Ladd was a 30 year old top 6 forward with 2 stanley cups.

Mike Fisher is a 36 year old third line center who's doing quite well right now.

Ladd wasn't after he was traded and isn't now And a cup contender doesn't care about age just production, it's a rental.

So what a second+?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Would love Ellis on the Oilers, but the Preds aren't rebuilding and I imagine the cost would be way too steep.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Ladd wasn't after he was traded and isn't now And a cup contender doesn't care about age just production, it's a rental.

So what a second+?

What he was after the trade is irrelevant. Value isn't based on an unknown future.

Ladd had far more value than Fisher will.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Where could I sign me up for one of them Roman Josi?
We'd basically need a complimentary elite or near-elite #1LHD in his mid-20s or so, intended to play alongside PK Subban and therefore more likely to complement his game than Josi is (like, better play without the puck, for example).

There's all of two or three guys I can think of that would meet those criteria right now, and I'd be very surprised if any of them are available.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
RNH + 1st 2017 + Puljujarvi + Jones + 2nd 2018

Subban + Neal + Fisher

So instead of having four top four defensemen we should get rid of Subban and not replace him? For a 2nd line center and some random picks? And we're giving up our best scorer too? That's a very bad trade for Nashville.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Smith + Ellis
For
RNH + pick/D prospect (Reinhart /Benning/Jones etc)

Lets NSH go 7-3-1 route .

Subban just isnt happening..

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Smith + Ellis
For
RNH + pick/D prospect (Reinhart /Benning/Jones etc)

Lets NSH go 7-3-1 route .

Subban just isnt happening..

We're not getting rid of a top 4 defenseman without at least a competent one coming back, we just don't have the defensive depth many here think we do.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We're not getting rid of a top 4 defenseman without at least a competent one coming back, we just don't have the defensive depth many here think we do.

What do you think of Brandon Davidson? I know a lot of Oiler fans would be in tough to trade him, but that's the type of addition it likely takes for Ellis.

I know you're not rebuilding, so a 1st + Davidson for Ellis might not be what you're looking for. But if Davidson is at least something you'd like coming back, what's the other piece?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What do you think of Brandon Davidson? I know a lot of Oiler fans would be in tough to trade him, but that's the type of addition it likely takes for Ellis.

I know you're not rebuilding, so a 1st + Davidson for Ellis might not be what you're looking for. But if Davidson is at least something you'd like coming back, what's the other piece?
It would have to be someone worth protecting.. would NSH really protect Davidson and go 4-4 while leaving 3 forwards unprotected?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

I really like Davidson. Would you entertain a Smith + Ellis for RNH + Davidson trade? I feel like Nashville would need to add more.

I'm thinking with expansion Arvidsson would be looking at the final spot, with Wilson, Smith and Jarnkrok being exposed. It might be worth it to Nashville to deal Arvidsson instead of Smith to protect Davidson and RNH in a scenario like this.

Arvidsson + Ellis +? for RNH + Davidson maybe?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It would have to be someone worth protecting.. would NSH really protect Davidson and go 4-4 while leaving 3 forwards unprotected?

NSH doesn't have an overly strong group of forwards. But yeah, this damn expansion draft throws a wrench eh?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I really like Davidson. Would you entertain a Smith + Ellis for RNH + Davidson trade? I feel like Nashville would need to add more.

I'm thinking with expansion Arvidsson would be looking at the final spot, with Wilson, Smith and Jarnkrok being exposed. It might be worth it to Nashville to deal Arvidsson instead of Smith to protect Davidson and RNH in a scenario like this.

Arvidsson + Ellis +? for RNH + Davidson maybe?

Yeah I think Smith + Ellis for RNH + Davidson needs a slight add on your side, not a huge add though.

Arvidsson being a right shot is nice but so is Smith, I think I would prefer Smith + Ellis as our base with a small addition on your part. Perhaps a 2018 2nd?

So we would have:

Smith + Ellis + 2018 2nd

for

Davidson + RNH

Thoughts? Seems pretty reasonable for both. You guys need more centre depth and have a plethora of good D and get a good young D coming back as well. We need RHD, plus a centre to replace Nuge (edit: NM he's playing wing now). To offset the value a 2018 2nd seems close? What do you think?

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah I think Smith + Ellis for RNH + Davidson needs a slight add on your side, not a huge add though.

Arvidsson being a right shot is nice, I think I would prefer Smith + Ellis as our base with a small addition on your part. Perhaps a 2018 2nd?

So we would have:

Smith + Ellis + 2018 2nd

for

Davidson + RNH

Thoughts? Seems pretty reasonable for both. You guys need more centre depth and have a plethora of good D and get a good young D coming back as well. We need RHD, plus a centre to replace Nuge. To offset the value a 2018 2nd seems close? What do you think?

I'd make it a '17 2nd if you wanted, but I've heard this draft may be weaker than next year so I could see why you'd choose that.

Both Smith and Arvidsson are wingers, with Arvidsson being four years younger. Smith is usually good for 20 goals, but doesn't do a whole lot. Arvidsson is our breakout player this year, 20pts in 30gms with varying amount of ice time, he brings a lot of hustle and grit, but is on the shorter side if that matters.

For centers we have Fisher and Riberio, both older but can still play, but I don't think you'd want that unless you really value a veteran presence that can contribute and help out Draistratl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad