Value of: Smashville for sale

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
So you would accept Ryan Suter situation and get nothing ?

I'd rather the preds get something than nothing and if fisher loves the preds so much why wouldn't he get traded help the team and come back next season?

I didn't say anything about the Suter situation. That strawman is yours.

Maybe Fisher does waive his NMC if asked. I guess we won't know until the TDL. All I said is "I doubt they move either". You're the one who's absolute that he's (Fisher) traded.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Fisher's actually having a solid year and he's great on faceoffs. He won't get as much interest as Hanzal, but surely he will be a TDL target for playoff-bound teams. Worthy of at least a 2nd.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd have some interest in Colin Wilson.
Pitt needs an upgrade on Kunitz.

Kunitz(cap dump/expiring contract)+Scott Wilson+a pick.

How high would the pick have to be?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Read my my above response.

What does his desire to stay in Nashville long-term have to do with playing elsewhere for roughly four months? As a pending UFA, he'd be a fool to negate a trade to a potential contender using his NMC; there's no rule that states he can't re-sign back "home" in the summer, and in fact a couple of guys have done that recently (Vermette).

As for Neal, I'm sure he could be had for the right price, which I doubt you'd be willing to give up.

Which is? He's producing far below his typical norms and is only signed another year after this one. I can appreciate him not being a cheap get, but he wouldn't be an expensive one either.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Which is? He's producing far below his typical norms and is only signed another year after this one. I can appreciate him not being a cheap get, but he wouldn't be an expensive one either.

Before getting injured he was on pace for 40 goals, one of the only competent scorers we have. We're not a rebuilding team, if we're trading someone like Neal we need someone to replace him.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Neal is playing at a 35G pace... 12 in 26
35-40G scorers are not cheap to get

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Neal is our top goal scorer, on pace for 36 goals this season. You're giving up something you don't want to give up if you want him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
forsberg to the panthers, please. neal works too though ;)

Trocheck + Bjugstad <-> Forsberg

that should help with centers.

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
But max pac and subban dont get along. Gallagher and a first ?

Gallagher's never hit 50 points, and you're the best team in the league so the pick is 27-31. Again we're not a rebuilding team, if we're trading main pieces we need one back. If you REALLY wanted Neal we need Paccioretty or Galchenyuk.

Pretty much not trading our top 4 without getting a competent defender back, and we really shouldn't be trading our offensive guys unless we really want to shake things up.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
The Preds aren't going to move a pending UFA or even another who is one year out from the open market? Why, especially if they are out of the playoffs by the deadline?

They should move Fisher the pending UFA but should be looking at keeping Neal unless he ask for too much $$$. He should be part of the core

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What does his desire to stay in Nashville long-term have to do with playing elsewhere for roughly four months? As a pending UFA, he'd be a fool to negate a trade to a potential contender using his NMC; there's no rule that states he can't re-sign back "home" in the summer, and in fact a couple of guys have done that recently (Vermette).

I believe he and Carrie have another baby on the way. Maybe he'd prefer to be closer to his wife during that? None of us are in his head, so we won't know for sure. But not everyone wants to sacrifice time with their family to get a Cup. There are plenty of older players who aren't on contenders (Iginla, for example) who value the additional time with family more. Wasn't there also a dude on Calgary who didn't want to leave the falmes, despite them being bad?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00