WWE: Smackdown Live Part 18: GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He's better as a heel IMO. bring the gimmick from NXT to SM that 'he will take Smackdown Live to the next level etc etc'

I think tonight was just more about the debut and the reaction he got which was GLORIOUS

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
watching back that Roode entrance he said "WOW" as he stepped off the rotating pedestal lmao love it.
must love being in front of such capacity crowds

also love how he does the whole set up for the "GLORIOUS" part lol so over

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So basically they put cena on raw and added roode to smackdown to fill the void.

Imagine if Nak lost at summerslam because roode was penciled in to come up as a face and take it off jinder instead? :laugh:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hoping Roode gets put in the title picture next week. SD has a while before their next PPV so they don't nessisarily need to start building towards the PPV just yet.

Which could explain why tonight was just a debut and get a reaction for Roode

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Good show. Waaaay better than RAW Monday.

I assumed Carmella might try some skullduggery but of course Smellsworth spoiled it.

Loved Roode's debut.

Lana slipped into a Scottish accent twice in her promo.

Glad Shelton is back. The Gold Standard!

Not really seeing where this AJ/KO/Shane/Corbin stuff is going.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
it looks like they're going with AJ and Corbin to me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Roode will either be added to the main title scene or will feud with Ziggler.

I agree it appears Styles vs Corbin is going to happen

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
it looks like they're going with AJ and Corbin to me.

I dunno, the heat was all in the wrong place, it ended up with Shane taking a lot of it and Corbin walking off like he didn't care about any of it.

But yeah, probably....not thrilled. AJ's going to have to carry Corbin and likely be in the same boat with Nakamura and Cena being forced to eat some underwhelming matches on PPV.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

My take from this is if WWE would take English seriously, he could actually get over very well just by singing like that before his matches. It would not be difficult to make him sort of like a Damien Sandow. He needs some polish on his ring work but since when the heck did that matter in this company? Especially when Jinder is WWE Champion and SDL's two workers are jobbing to him at Summer Slam and feuding with KO respectively.

As for Roode I think a brash, cocky babyface who knows he is so damn good and there is nothing you're gonna do about it will work. Fans who have never seen him before are gonna draw to him like moths to a flame. You don't craft a wrestler that much pageantry with his entrance without people taking immediate notice within 3 seconds. GLORIOUS Bobby Roode is one of those "can't possibly fail" gimmicks. You might as well get every drop of milk you can out of that cow. A babyface trifecta of Styles, Roode and Nakamura will work fantastic for SDL and I'd argue that if Roode remains a babyface it'll be the strongest babyface lineup Smackdown has had since Angle, Undertaker, Guerrero and a young John Cena in late 2003 to early 2004. Fans couldn't get enough of them and I think Bobby is going to be a great addition to SDL. Fans literally sing Roode and Nakamura's songs as they come out and they go ape **** over Styles. WWE needs to just run with these guys until they make Smackdown! great again. It helps that two of them (Styles and Nakamura) are on par with guys like Michaels, Hart and Angle in terms of putting on epic matches.

Now if Randy would turn heel that would really fill out the show well. You have 3 guys who bleed swag levels over 9000 and then a heartless cyborg who calls himself the viper. Which of these is not like the others?? Give us a volatile, curb stomping heel who will kill you if you look at him wrong and you have a great competitor for those babyfaces.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The big problem with Aiden is it is hard not to see him as just a low rent Elias right now.

I felt the same way too. He seems to be nothing else but a feeder talent that does nightly jobs. I fear that we might be seeing that happen to Dillinger sooner than we think. And meanwhile two other great talents in Zayn and Rusev are in purgatory. I don't know what the hell to do with those guys.

I hate to say it but I think SDL has way too much going on in terms of people on the roster. It's at the point where I could actually justify giving SDL a 3rd hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad