WWE: Smackdown Live Part 18: GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Corbin isn't even that bad. He just wasn't ready.

indeed, the Corbin hate has gone way over the top lately

especially on Reddit, they seem rabidly anti-Corbin. if you say anything in his defense it gets downvoted to hell

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
indeed, the Corbin hate has gone way over the top lately

especially on Reddit, they seem rabidly anti-Corbin. if you say anything in his defense it gets downvoted to hell
Same can be said for Nia. You don't have multiple 4 star matches and suck.

She's got potential but was brought up too soon.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I can't support the 'Corbin sucks' movement but I'm firmly in the 'Corbin wasn't ready' movement. I do think there's some potential there but it remains to be seen if it comes together in a meaningful way.

Nia flat out stinks though.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't support the 'Corbin sucks' movement but I'm firmly in the 'Corbin wasn't ready' movement. I do think there's some potential there but it remains to be seen if it comes together in a meaningful way.

Nia flat out stinks though.

*gasp* how dare you!

She's not like most girls. That doesn't mean she stinks!

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
That GLORIOUS entrance theme has been stuck in my head since Tuesday. That entrance rivals Nak's debut.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Vince is smart he'll book Mahal and his little buddies vs Nakamura in a tag team match playa! And Nakamura chooses his partner. And it's none other than GLORIOUS Bobby Roode -who says they've got history and because of that history if anyone is going to beat up Nakamura it's going to be him so in the meantime he might as well fight along side the man he beat for the NXT Championsihp. He proceeds to mock the Maharaja and says he is not GLORIOUS

I don't think the crowd would be able to handle it

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Vince is smart he'll book Mahal and his little buddies vs Nakamura in a tag team match playa! And Nakamura chooses his partner. And it's none other than GLORIOUS Bobby Roode -who says they've got history and because of that history if anyone is going to beat up Nakamura it's going to be him so in the meantime he might as well fight along side the man he beat for the NXT Championsihp. He proceeds to mock the Maharaja and says he is not GLORIOUS

I don't think the crowd would be able to handle it

I think it would be silly for Nakamura to choose Roode for something like that and it would be even sillier for someone like Roode to accept it.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I love Dave Meltzer. I can't stand when people criticize him for being wrong or for speculating on stuff. Big Dave is the closest you'll ever get to knowing correct backstage WWE stuff - a company that tries to keep things under wraps from its fans. If you can't take his speculation with a grain of salt or accept that he may receive some false information or that old man Vince might change something last second from its original idea, that's on you.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Same can be said for Nia. You don't have multiple 4 star matches and suck.

She's got potential but was brought up too soon.

Nia is absolute garbage. She hurts everyone in the ring, can't cut a promo to save her life, and is constantly having to hold back her laugh/smile while playing a heel role.

She needs to go away

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Reddit is a strange place. They seem to really like Meltzer and really hate him at the same time, there's no middle ground.

You know the expression "every fan base has some idiots"

Well that applies 100x over for SC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Nia is absolute garbage. She hurts everyone in the ring, can't cut a promo to save her life, and is constantly having to hold back her laugh/smile while playing a heel role.

She needs to go away

She's awkward in the ring. You can't have a woman who is probably twice the size (in terms of weight) of most women on that roster and not have her learn how to physically dominate them without being dangerous.

I think the problem does lie in the fact that the roster is so thin where you can't have your two bigger performers battle each other. Every Nia match involves her dwarfing the other woman in the ring. It looks like we're watching Strowman vs. Ellsworth.

I think Nia can adopt a Vader-like move set. Have some moves to show agility but have a couple splash moves where she can put her weight on the other competitor. The Vader bomb off the second buckle was always a decent big guy squash move. Nia's Samoan drop is pretty good.

In terms of character, she either needs to booked as a Strowman-like babyface where you showcase her strength and physicality in an entertaining way or make her legitimately meaner. Her just having a scowl doesn't convince me that she's scary. She's physically bigger than all her opponents. It shouldn't be this difficult to figure out how to use her.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
She's awkward in the ring. You can't have a woman who is probably twice the size (in terms of weight) of most women on that roster and not have her learn how to physically dominate them without being dangerous.

I think the problem does lie in the fact that the roster is so thin where you can't have your two bigger performers battle each other. Every Nia match involves her dwarfing the other woman in the ring. It looks like we're watching Strowman vs. Ellsworth.

I think Nia can adopt a Vader-like move set. Have some moves to show agility but have a couple splash moves where she can put her weight on the other competitor. The Vader bomb off the second buckle was always a decent big guy squash move. Nia's Samoan drop is pretty good.

In terms of character, she either needs to booked as a Strowman-like babyface where you showcase her strength and physicality in an entertaining way or make her legitimately meaner. Her just having a scowl doesn't convince me that she's scary. She's physically bigger than all her opponents. It shouldn't be this difficult to figure out how to use her.

I was kind of hoping that on the heels of Mae Young that WWE would offer up a contract to Piper Niven or Jazzy Gabert for that reason. Piper's not as tall as Nia at 5'8" but is more physically imposing than the average member of the Women's Roster. Similarly Jazzy is taller than Nia at 6'1" and looks more like a power lifter. IIRC one of Piper's moves is essentially a Vader Bomb. Clearly they're not exact physically comparable (Nia's not like most girls, after all), but they'd definitely be a step between your average WWE woman and Nia.

C2dZ6YvUoAAqIKN.jpg

9f7d2c32240a14bcb18c2458ece5ce2b--alpha-female-champions.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->