WWE: Smackdown Live 26: Everyone's tough until The Man comes around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
But she's not on Asuka's level. The Man vs Charlotte vs Asuka is the "dream triple threat" for this show and we just got that and you want instead someone that is "cool"? Feck off with that crap.

The worry is that Asuka is just there to take the pin to protect Becky/Charlotte.

I don't really see any other way that this match is going to turn out, unless we get a DQ/bullshit.

Becky is red hot and can't lose. She doesn't need the title as she's just bigger than that right now, but she cannot take a pinfall.

Charlotte probably won't take the loss either. She lost to Becky in their feud, and will probably lose to Rousey as they need to protect their two big stars for WM. Don't see them giving Charlotte three ppv losses in such a short amount of time. (not counting her ss dq) She's a great wrestler and her character would have no issues surviving it, but I just don't see it happening.

Seems to me that the way WWE see Asuka is as an upper midcarder, a female Finn Balor. She's good enough in the ring that they'll let her beat anybody they don't care about, but she doesn't give them enough else to ever let her go over the people they're really trying to push.

That said, I do see some sense in giving Asuka the title, her character needs it more than anyone else in this match. Becky and Charlotte are both made (wo)men. They have put on so many great matches of late that they are simply going to be in the main event no matter what. Asuka is probably better than them in the ring, but isn't getting pushed as a main event star right now. Giving her the title over two of the hottest talents in the company would be the push they need to put her there.

Reactions: Mike Louis

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just for her to get into the Rumble and pick Rousey? To main event? That's something i'll take.
It’s still going to hurt me. I know the circumstances, but I don’t like Becky failing to successfully defend the title.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I can't believe I'm saying this but yeah Charlotte shouldn't be getting pinned/submitted either if the plan is for her to fight Ronda at some point. Maybe if Ronda directly causes her to lose....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't believe I'm saying this but yeah Charlotte shouldn't be getting pinned/submitted either if the plan is for her to fight Ronda at some point. Maybe if Ronda directly causes her to lose....

I think Ronda/Charlotte is main eventing the Royal Rumble, but I figured they’d do champion vs. champion

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would do champ vs champ but I also get the issues with tying up both belts in feuds that don’t involve said belts.

If you really want these two to feud with Ronda, the belt needs to be dropped at some point.

They aren’t good at doing non-title women feuds right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For a company that loves heat and never lets faces win.

How haven’t they put a belt on Joe yet? He hasn’t won on PPV since 2017.

Dumped all over Jeff tonight.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I would do champ vs champ but I also get the issues with tying up both belts in feuds that don’t involve said belts.

If you really want these two to feud with Ronda, the belt needs to be dropped at some point.

The logical answer to the title dilemma for both men and women and even tag teams would of course be having Raw and Smackdown titles and a brandwide company title which would be defended at the biggest ppv and have the champions of each brand facing each other and be able to carry that title until they lose their respective brand title or the next big ppv.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
isnt it gonna be TLC.. with the belt hanging? as in no one gets pinned?

They've had some matches be with chairs, some with tables and some with everything. Meaning there's no logic involved. Logic would indicated the ladder to be involved so someone would have to grab it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They've had some matches be with chairs, some with tables and some with everything. Meaning there's no logic involved. Logic would indicated the ladder to be involved so someone would have to grab it.

A TLC match is everything with the belt hanging.

A tables match or a chairs match is something else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They will because it’s Ronda and they won’t let Ronda be bad.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd have Rousey take out Becky and Charlotte with Asuka taking the title. I think Asuka needs the big win and I don't think the Becky-Charlotte-Ronda thing needs the title.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'd have Rousey take out Becky and Charlotte with Asuka taking the title. I think Asuka needs the big win and I don't think the Becky-Charlotte-Ronda thing needs the title.

It'd be pretty hard to have Becky drop the belt, and not have her attention immediately set on whoever has it. Which in your example would be Asuka.

Not that I'm at all opposed to an Asuka title run; she's been around long enough and WWE would be smart to book her properly for once after having her lose to Carmella and James freakin' Ellsworth. :help:

Also, last I checked Ronda's still on Raw, isn't she? Unless Becky switches brands I don't think the two can keep this crossover feud going forever. If that IS the case, why aren't there more of them?

Have Samoa Joe challenging Brock for the Raw title since he's getting buried on Smackdown. Have The Revival try to get the Smackdown tag titles off of The Bar.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Becky dropping at TLC doesn’t leave a PPV before the Rumble. You can conceivably get away without giving her a rematch, especially if Ronda gets involved

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It'd be pretty hard to have Becky drop the belt, and not have her attention immediately set on whoever has it. Which in your example would be Asuka.

Not that I'm at all opposed to an Asuka title run; she's been around long enough and WWE would be smart to book her properly for once after having her lose to Carmella and James freakin' Ellsworth. :help:

Also, last I checked Ronda's still on Raw, isn't she? Unless Becky switches brands I don't think the two can keep this crossover feud going forever. If that IS the case, why aren't there more of them?

Have Samoa Joe challenging Brock for the Raw title since he's getting buried on Smackdown. Have The Revival try to get the Smackdown tag titles off of The Bar.

They can have that rematch leading up to the Rumble on Smackdown. You can have Charlotte be the reason why Becky loses that match and then have them as the final two in the Rumble that Becky wins and goes on to challenge Ronda.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
dropping to Asuka is the way to go imo

if anyone but Becky wins the Rumble, Vince should step down immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad