WWE: Smackdown Live 26: Everyone's tough until The Man comes around

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think my biggest issue with the show is that it missed 3 important parts.

1) There was no fallout from going "winless" at Survivor Series.

2) The show needs Becky Lynch. Even if it is a promo.

3) AJ held the belt for a year and doesn't even have an issue losing it after a low blow? It's weird as hell. I know in real life he wants time with his family, but the story has to be told. He lost the belt and disappeared even though it was a cheap loss. Infuriating from a story perspective.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
1) I agree

2) No it doesn't. In fact, right now, it makes more sense for Becky to not be around due to the injury, especially if she isn't cleared to be physical.

3) It doesn't need to be immediate. I'm sure he will be back next week and the story will continue. This week was just Bryan.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was absolutely a stupid show and the complete lack of fallout from Survivor Series.

As good as DB’s promo was, this feud still doesn’t make a ton of sense, especially on the AJ side.

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty much everything after the first 30 minutes was crap.

Maybe the Fox Execs were only staying a half hour? :laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Pretty much everything after the first 30 minutes was crap.

Maybe the Fox Execs were only staying a half hour? :laugh:

"Alright guys we have dinner reservations down the street at 8:45. Let's see what you can do!....for...half an hour...ish"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It was absolutely a stupid show and the complete lack of fallout from Survivor Series.

As good as DB’s promo was, this feud still doesn’t make a ton of sense, especially on the AJ side.

It's not really a feud in the traditional sense. For DB, it's his dreams fighting for him to win the title and that's it. AJ just happens to be there. For AJ now that DB has disrespected him and stole his title, it'll probably get more personal but until that happened, he had no real reason other than competition.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

They were two babyfaces in a program about mutual respect until the turn. Give it time.

It’s perfectly clear from the beginning that Bryan’s dream was to become champ again and he let it slip away in his first title match with AJ, so when the second chance came around, his drive to fulfill his dream took over, thus, the old Daniel Bryan is gone, and the new one is here, and the new Daniel Bryan stole AJ’s title.

Hopefully after Bryan retains, Styles is in the Rumble match and eliminates Randy to set up Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles for a Wrestlemania program.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They were two babyfaces in a program about mutual respect until the turn. Give it time.

It’s perfectly clear from the beginning that Bryan’s dream was to become champ again and he let it slip away in his first title match with AJ, so when the second chance came around, his drive to fulfill his dream took over, thus, the old Daniel Bryan is gone, and the new one is here, and the new Daniel Bryan stole AJ’s title.

Hopefully after Bryan retains, Styles is in the Rumble match and eliminates Randy to set up Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles for a Wrestlemania program.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Reactions: Jussi

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Styles vs. Randy would be fantastic.

I have never been an Orton fan. I know I know you’ll say “when he’s motivated he’s good” and no he’s not bad I just have never been into him or most of his gimmicks. My excitement level for that match hovers around zero.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Orton is a fantastic worker, but I can’t stand the vast majority of his matches. It doesn’t help that he couldn’t be bothered for good chunks of his career.

Some of his best heel gimmicks were money though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Orton’s awesome.

Man this board has the worst wrestling takes ever.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Orton’s awesome.

Man this board has the worst wrestling takes ever.

I'm really trying to think of a recent Orton feud I enjoyed. I can't think of one. If anything stands out in his career, his work with Christian was A+ stuff. Those 2 killed it in the ring.

There is so much wrestling each week, I'm sure I'm missing something. Off the top of my head I can't think of a feud in the last 5 years I cared for that involved Randy Orton that led to great matches and great storytelling.

Reactions: Fro

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
To be fair to Orton, he is getting booked by WWE, and they are very good at taking something is going well (Orton and Wyatt) and turning it into something terrible (also Orton and Wyatt).

Reactions: Paris in Flames

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
he's also very moody and hates working as a face and half asses all of that.

WWE really botches Randy a lot, though. Orton/Wyatt was amazing until the week after he burned down the compound. Orton/Rollins was so simple to book but instead they had Orton pretend like it was perfectly okay that Seth put his head into the steel steps and put him out for months before turning on Seth again to set up their WM match. They're so stupid when it comes to booking Randy that I'm not even surprised he half asses a lot of shit these days.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Even burning the compound was stupid just based on posing while doing it.

Posing in front of the fire was hilarious. Gotta love those LOL moments.

Also, really digging the DB heel turn. I like the whole idea of the awakening he had inside that hyperbolic chamber. Heard Jericho say on his podcast that he’s heard the new theme song as well so we will probably be getting that soon too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad