In Memoriam Smack66

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Maybe I am wrong but didn't he have a last post in a GDT that was saying he wasn't doing well? I wished him well.

57 isn't that old but at least he got those moments with his family. Some don't get to say goodbye.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Maybe I am wrong but didn't he have a last post in a GDT that was saying he wasn't doing well? I wished him well.

57 isn't that old but at least he got those moments with his family. Some don't get to say goodbye.
Yes. Last year he posted about his cancer. I have been going back and forth with him since last Summer. He was gracious and humble. He lived what life he had left with his family and accepted his fate. He did get to read at least some of the thread I put up so thanks to all who posted there.

This was the last personnel message I received from Steve " Thank you for everything your Bruins friend
Steve."

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I don't lurk here as often in the off-seasons, so was saddened to see this thread while swinging by today. Sports aside, these boards are filled with real people, with real families and real life challenges, so it's really cool to see all the appreciation and well wishes from most people whom Steve likely didn't even know.

Seems like he was great human being. Condolences to his family and RIP Steve.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
@Bruinaura - Posters come and go like ships in the night.

We have always been an 'anonymous' board so when somebody vanishes you wonder.

When I became ill 2 days before Christmas I was able to text Wally that I might be in trouble and subsequently found out that if I had not called 911 when I did I would be cheering the team from the clouds.

I have been dealing with Bruins internet boards since Compuserve, GEine, Delphi, and a robust Bruins email listserve.

I got into wars with the most passionate Bruins fan I have ever encountered online - Ian from New Brunswick.

I am certain Ian lurks here and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that no Bruins fan I have ever met hates Montreal more than him.
That's the nature of internet boards - the anonymity - but one thing you do see is community from a group of regular posters (and while I don't post a ton here, I'm lurking rather frequently as I live in an area where there, quite honestly, aren't many Bruins fans). I've been arounds since the listserv days (and have had a lot of conversations - many cordial - with Ian in that format. I've always wondered about his whereabouts since he somewhat publicly dropped off the listserv).

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
We lost our smack66.

With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Stephen MacNaughton (Cornwall, Ontario), who passed away on May 20, 2022 at the age of 57. Family and friends are welcome to leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family.

He was predeceased by : his parents, Patricia MacNaughton and Keith MacNaughton; and his son Scott MacNaughton. He is survived by : his wife Carole MacNaughton; his daughters, Megan MacNaughton and Lora MacNaughton (Gabriel); his granddaughters, Ruby Green and Andie Lajoie; and his sisters, Brenda McConnell Craig (late Allen), Patti Cyr (Terry) and Heather Lefebvre (Richard). He is also survived by his nephews, nieces and friends.

A celebration of life will be held on Sunday, June 5th 2022 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the Legion.

Those who so desire can make a donation in memory of Steve to the Cornwall Hospice

Rest in Peace Steve. Gone too soon .

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
It's so sad to see so many good people being taken away by this awful disease, there just has to be a cure for it.

RIP Steve McNaughton

Reactions: Ladyfan

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Life is short enjoy each day everyone . Rest in peace . God bless.
Well said DG ........Everyday is a chance to do some good. Makes you think how much time we have on God's Green Earth. Didn't really know Steve .....but he sure sounded like a great guy. Enjoyed his posts and his Avatar cracked me up just seeing it. God Speed to you Brother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad