In Memoriam Smack66

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Steve (smack66) knew he didn't have much time but he was happy to be able to spend time with his family. He sent me this photo last August camping with his two granddaughters.

View attachment 551574
Thanks for sharing this. May his family and loved ones be sustained by memories of loving and happy times. Gone much too soon. He will be greatly missed in our HF community as well.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
@Bruinaura - Posters come and go like ships in the night.

We have always been an 'anonymous' board so when somebody vanishes you wonder.

When I became ill 2 days before Christmas I was able to text Wally that I might be in trouble and subsequently found out that if I had not called 911 when I did I would be cheering the team from the clouds.

I have been dealing with Bruins internet boards since Compuserve, GEine, Delphi, and a robust Bruins email listserve.

I got into wars with the most passionate Bruins fan I have ever encountered online - Ian from New Brunswick.

View attachment 551726

I am certain Ian lurks here and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that no Bruins fan I have ever met hates Montreal more than him.
Well said, these threads make me wonder what happened to futureconsiderations. He was a long time poster that seemed to have vanished. Hope it was nothing more than just moving on in life

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was in an online Bruins email group years ago and that is where I first came in contact with Ian and Kirk Luedeke. Ian is a bona fide Bruins and hockey expert, bleeds black and gold, and certainly hates the team who, if I recall correctly, he referred to as the Scabs. If he is lurking, a big hello and I hope he and his family are well.
Ian just friended me on FB so...... :)

That Bruins email list was special.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Very sad. The stories like Fenway told about the border let us know what kind of person he was.
Crossing the border with a TV truck always involves paperwork.

Our policy has always been to stop at US Customs before entering Canada and provide them with a manifest with all the serial numbers.

Then after the US stamps the paperwork the truck moves 1000' feet and you present the manifest to Canada. Basically, we are telling the US everything is coming back and Canada signs off on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad