SM-liiga's new name will be "Liiga"

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The old one is actually quite nice,,, What is wrong with it?
I like the old one myself too.

Just thought that when someone usually changes their logo, they're looking to improve it. That move is pretty much the complete opposite of that.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Old logo was pretty cool. Had a hockey player, a puck and the league name in it. All you need for a good hockey logo. IMHO you had one of the coolest league logos in the hockey world next to NHL and KHL. The guy who is responsable for this change should be fired.

New logo? Most people have trouble to directly understand what the letters even mean... and its just a big dot. Only if you know it is about hockey you understand a puck is meant.

Not that the SHL logo is any better. From having a very traditional name and a puck in the loogo they just went on to just use the letters "SHL" in a weird font.

Michael Hockey

Jun 4, 2012
The new logo just sucks. 1üga? Perhaps more familiarly 1ügä = First puke (or Number one puke)? :help: Even the idea of naming it just Liiga sucks, since it will only create confusion with other sports leagues in Finland and abroad as well. The old name was just fine.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Lüga? Are they considering expanding to Estonia and/or Germany? :laugh: They're probably preparing to sell the name to a sponsor. HK-Lüga in two years?

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
It's true.
http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/uutiset/se-on-totta.html

And sm-liiga forgot to check the one thing that these days has any importance, the domain.

Verkkotunnus liiga
Tila Myönnetty
Voimassaoloaika (kk) 60
Verkkotunnus on myönnetty 28.6.2010 0:00
Voimassaoloaika päättyy 28.6.2018 14:04
Vapautuu haettavaksi 28.7.2018 14:04

It belongs to a private person, who's likely about to pocket a nice amount of cash for his domain parking. (domain.ficora.fi if you want details)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Ruutu+ is 19.95 a month for 12 months and they will show every sm-liiga match so I'm probably going to get it :yo:

That's very reasonable price for ALL games in HD. All games of all teams. They just made this league even bit more popular, Im sure of it. Actually quality that you would pay for in first place, and pricing that makes some sort of sense. It's pretty much perfect pricing. It's not cheap, but you get decent quality. They just nailed the price imo.

Not to mention that you get whole pay-side of Ruutu in that price if I understood correctly. At least some other stuff like movies and *****? Nelonen has NHL hasn't it? Intresting to see if they will be brining it too in future. Who has the KHL rights?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's very reasonable price for ALL games in HD. All games of all teams. They just made this league even bit more popular, Im sure of it. Actually quality that you would pay for in first place, and pricing that makes some sort of sense. It's pretty much perfect pricing. It's not cheap, but you get decent quality. They just nailed the price imo.

Not to mention that you get whole pay-side of Ruutu in that price if I understood correctly. At least some other stuff like movies and *****? Nelonen has NHL hasn't it? Intresting to see if they will be bringing it too in future. Who has the KHL rights?

Viasat has NHL and KHL.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
But I think Nelonen is in bed with Viasat because it has been showing some NHL games
But not anymore.

I wonder where NFL goes? If I can get SM-liiga (all games), NBA, NFL and NASCAR in HD. Then Nelonen (Pro/Extra) as a tv channel becomes interesting.

We are going OT here now though...

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Ruutu will also show Europa League games but I'd like to know which one's.

Hopefully not the one's ITV will show :laugh:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Jokerit gone, name change. This league is turning into a joke and uninteresting league. Thank god today It's possible to watch NHL online.

orakpo

Nov 23, 2010
Guys, how to sign up for the matches of the league? Interested in a full season. Translation from Russian to Finnish takes time. :)) Can anyone provide a link to a subscription page? Thanks in advance.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Guys, how to sign up for the matches of the league? Interested in a full season. Translation from Russian to Finnish takes time. :)) Can anyone provide a link to a subscription page? Thanks in advance.

Not yet possible to subscribe.

This is going to be where to subscribe: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/smliiga/ruutu.html

19,90/month will give you all games on HD and also, NBA, movies and stuff like that. Also possible to subscribe one month at a time, but then its 29,90€/month.

Not sure if this will work outside of Finland. They will have the SM-Liiga rights but if NBA ect is included, I will place my bet on the "no" answer. But let's hope for the best!

There are also going to be better streams than we are used to because of HD, but you never are sure what game is going to be streamed or are they at all.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not yet possible to subscribe.

This is going to be where to subscribe: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/smliiga/ruutu.html

19,90/month will give you all games on HD and also, NBA, movies and stuff like that. Also possible to subscribe one month at a time, but then its 29,90€/month.

Not sure if this will work outside of Finland. They will have the SM-Liiga rights but if NBA ect is included, I will place my bet on the "no" answer. But let's hope for the best!

There are also going to be better streams than we are used to because of HD, but you never are sure what game is going to be streamed or are they at all.

There weren't that much streams to begin with last season. Well there was one guy streaming Tappara's games but he indicated that it was becoming a chore to constantly open a new channel on the site/flash software he was using. They were not very high quality to begin with. HDPlayer had Urho-tv and the finals but that thing went down before the Worlds. Seems no Finn who's willing to stream games, knows how to use Acestream or Sopcast, or has the bandwidth required. Those would enable much better quality streams and would not be shutdown so easily.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
There weren't that much streams to begin with last season. Well there was one guy streaming Tappara's games but he indicated that it was becoming a chore to constantly open a new channel on the site/flash software he was using. They were not very high quality to begin with. HDPlayer had Urho-tv and the finals but that thing went down before the Worlds. Seems no Finn who's willing to stream games, knows how to use Acestream or Sopcast, or has the bandwidth required. Those would enable much better quality streams and would not be shutdown so easily.

There were more streams than before, I'd say that the streaming culture was raising. Tappara guy and HDPlayer weren't only solution, there were random streams all around and and that VLC stream where you just entered the teams in the URL. Time will show but if there are any streams, their quality should be automaticly bit better. I will go for the legal option, but for our foreign friends, there is hope.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There were more streams than before, I'd say that the streaming culture was raising. Tappara guy and HDPlayer weren't only solution, there were random streams all around and and that VLC stream where you just entered the teams in the URL. Time will show but if there are any streams, their quality should be automaticly bit better. I will go for the legal option, but for our foreign friends, there is hope.

That was for NHL. I didn't see any other streams that were even barely watchable last season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad