Slovan Bratislava 2016/2017

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Sibir released Meszaros. I really doubt he will not find some lucrative job in terms of money, but at least we can hope, right...

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Lol, dueling, I see you, don't get too broken hearted.

I am quite satisfied tbh, sure i d like to see both of our guys on the same team but this offer (rumor so far?) is telling alot about him, career step forward in a way. But yeah if i had to choose, i d keep him in Bratislava.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Unless Meszaros takes hometown discount I wouldn't sign him. He is a pretty good player no doubt but not a cost-effective signing and even though he wasn't spectacular for Sibir he didn't bury himself in a hole either.

I'm rahter certain NHL doors are closed for him however.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
If we bring the Rodmans to VSV to join Verlic you need to be a VSV fan haha ;)

I kinda was because of Pance but he left for Kac, you can't like Kac unless they're playing Red Bull cans :) Rodmans are walking talking injury unfortunately, they used to be decent though.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Being -15 when you are expected to carry the team is. Cheechoo was always a defensive liability and poor skater and now when he slowed down further due to age he is not very good at all.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Well, this is your negative point of view, which is shortsighted. It is like saying that Ovechkin's 79pts in 78 games was a totally bad season due to his -35 in that very season. Evaluation of a player based on his +/- stats from one season is literally nothing for me. I believe the management know why they want him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well scrap the part about +/- then, the rest still remains. He just isn't a grade A import anymore he arguably was 3 years ago when he came over. And obviously management know why they want him and everyone of us knows why they want him - because he can score goals. I'm just saying that he's no longer "wow"-worthy, I guess. Nothing to get overexcited about.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Okay, fair enough. We should stop this nitpicking, but either way, in terms of a goal scorer it is "wow", since such a player is what we needed after Kašpar had left. In terms of a complex forward it is not "wow".

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Lukas Volpeka (Orebro) has signed with Slovan.

Denis Pätoprsty (Mlada Boleslav) and Jozef Tibensky are getting try-outs.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Lukas Volpeka (Orebro) has signed with Slovan.

Denis Pätoprsty (Mlada Boleslav) and Jozef Tibensky are getting try-outs.

Vopelka (not Volpeka), 20 years old. Last season in Allsvenska (4 + 6 in 41 games). Hard to imagine, that there isnt any other young slovak player, that could be on his level. Ok, but we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad