Marek Hovorka (Kladno/CZE) 1984
Roman Kukumberg (Slovan/SVK) 1980
Michel Miklík (HC Košice/SVK) 1982
Juraj Mikúš (TPS Turku/FIN) 1987
Richard Rapáč (HK Poprad/SVK) 1987
Å tefan Ružička (Spartak Moskva/KHL) 1985
Miroslav Å atan (Slovan/SVK) 1974
Tomáš Záborský (Assät/FIN) 1987

So I guess considering that Vujtek actually traveled to Finland to meet with Záborský, we can actually expect him to show up for this one. Btw 3 centers born in 1987, haha...

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
I think this tourney will be held in Belarus and I don't see any other center born in 87 except of Bližňák and Mikúš :sarcasm:.. I like this group of forwards and goalies, but selected defenders make me smiling. I wonder what the answer from Záborský will be.

BTW Guys, what do you think about Tatár - Bližňák - Pánik for the World Championship? It might work :D.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
BTW Guys, what do you think about Tatár - Bližňák - Pánik for the World Championship? It might work :D.

Well, it depends on availability. Norfolk is pretty good and might have a longer run in the playoffs. Panik has picked it up recently though, 7 pts in last 7 games, and nearly a ppg for the month of January. Tatar could be named a black ace again for the Redwings - his wheels are spinning a bit though with Grand Rapids.

In any event, I don't think you will do well in a world championships when your best guys are AHL.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
In any event, I don't think you will do well in a world championships when your best guys are AHL.

However I'm not talking about them as 1st line. I think these 3 youngsters can bring a lot of energy on the ice. They has got potencial and strong motivation to succeed. I think they can be difference makers on 3rd line, who will finally bring us to quarterfinal at WC.

You know, in the last 3-4 years often our "best" guys were from KHL and...

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
However I'm not talking about them as 1st line. I think these 3 youngsters can bring a lot of energy on the ice. They has got potencial and strong motivation to succeed. I think they can be difference makers on 3rd line, who will finally bring us to quarterfinal at WC.

You know, in the last 3-4 years often our "best" guys were from KHL and...

maybe in a few years. Not now. There are lot of good players, that can go.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Guys, nowadays I think we have the right man at the helm :laugh::

tumblr_lgcotlK4n41qzuajeo1_500.gif

What do you think which players of NT team from Belarus should be on WC roster?

My choices:

1. ? - ? - Ružička
2. ? - Mikúš - ?
3. ? - Bližňák - ?
4. ? - ? - ?

1. ? - ?
2. Kudroč - ?
3. Baranka - ?

? - Hamerlík - Hudáček

HM: Kukumberg, Miklík, Haščák, Sersen, Stehlík

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
i will put this names -

Satan - as an Slovak ikon, player with a lot of experience - The Captain
Palffy - i think, he has the quality and leadership

To pick a player from the oposide age group is a little bit tougher. But 1 or 2 should be there. Viedensky has time. If an young center, then lets take Kytnar. Tatar or Panik are questions as every year. They look good in AHL. Not star performance, but can be. Jurco is very young, he need some time.

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
i will put this names -

To pick a player from the oposide age group is a little bit tougher. But 1 or 2 should be there. Viedensky has time. If an young center, then lets take Kytnar. Tatar or Panik are questions as every year. They look good in AHL. Not star performance, but can be. Jurco is very young, he need some time.

Zigo has already retired from NT after the olimpics.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
1. ? - ? - Ružička
2. ? - Mikúš - ?
3. ? - Bližňák - ?
4. ? - ? - ?

IMO, if our first line has Ružička on it then we are in big trouble. He just never impresses me, and I don't really get what he brings a lot of the time.

Mikúš will be a lock that's for sure, and Bližňák is an interesting one. I watch a fair amount of Czech Extraliga, and I can't help thinking that his linemates (Ton and Tenkrát) are making him look a lot better than he is. I wouldn't mind seeing Šatan in the squad, as I feel that we need someone who can galvanise the team like he can.

Does Stana still play for the NT? If so, then I guess he'll be down as the starter unless Budaj comes over to play. I would take out Hamerlik from your list, and have Hudáček and Laco as the backup/#3.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
i will put this names -

I share your opinion about Šatan, Ryan Smyth was Captain Canada a few years ago at several WSs and IMO Miro is Captain Slovakia. However I doubt Pálffy will change his decision this time.

Talking about youngsters I think Tatar and Pánik should be there if they will be out of AHL play-off. I agree Jurčo is too young and Viedenský has to develope more in AHL. However no doubt I would take Bližňák over Kytnár. Bližňák rules the neutral zone and is defensive responsible while Kytnár isn't that good in defensive aspects IMO.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
IMO, if our first line has Ružička on it then we are in big trouble. He just never impresses me, and I don't really get what he brings a lot of the time.

Mikúš will be a lock that's for sure, and Bližňák is an interesting one. I watch a fair amount of Czech Extraliga, and I can't help thinking that his linemates (Ton and Tenkrát) are making him look a lot better than he is. I wouldn't mind seeing Å atan in the squad, as I feel that we need someone who can galvanise the team like he can.

Does Stana still play for the NT? If so, then I guess he'll be down as the starter unless Budaj comes over to play. I would take out Hamerlik from your list, and have Hudáček and Laco as the backup/#3.

Ružička is pure scorer, nothing more and nothing less. I think he can be valuable for the team, if two player next to him will be from NHL. If the line with him on wing will play all the shifts in offensive zone, Ružička will score goals. He proved that last year in games before the WC.

Blžňák is really interesting player. Almost every team in which he has played was really successful. He won Memorial Cup, he played in final of the Calder Cup, he's part of the unexpected success of Sparta Praha in Czech Extraliga and of course he won two tourneys with NT as a newcomer this season.
I also watch Czech Extraliga games through ČT4 and Robert Záruba really appreciated the way Bližňák played, especially his hard work through he creates space for Ton and Tenkrát.

Talking about goalies I think it's important for them to have room. Lašák and Staňa are old friends and it worked for Slovakia in the past. In last two years most of the time Hamerlík and Hudáček played in NT through the season.
Considering all of them are about the same level, I wouldn't do any compromises. First duo or the second one and now I think it's time for youngsters.
PS Halák would be clear number 1, if he will join the NT.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Zigo has already retired from NT after the olimpics.

Thats true and i know that. But Vujtek said, he wants to talk with Palffy.

In regard of Goalies. I think, we should slowly forget Jan Lasak. He played great games for Slovak NT, but everybody speaks about rebuilding, then they should do it. And the goalie is the most important man on ice. I would focus to Hudacek. I think, he is great. He is young, he is talented, so let him know, he is the future.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
First pre-WC camp starts on Monday...

Peter Hamerlík Třínec/CZE 1982
Ján Laco Lev Poprad/KHL 1981
Július Hudáček Sodertalje/SWE-2 1988

Ivan Baranka Spartak Moskva/KHL 1985
Michal Grman Banská Bystrica/SVK 1982
Ivan Jankovič Skalica/SVK 1990
Peter MikuÅ¡ České Budějovice/CZE 1985
Michal Sersen Sparta Praha/CZE 1985
Tomáš Starosta Yugra/KHL 1981
Peter Trška Slovan Bratislava/SVK 1992
René Vydarený České Budějovice/CZE 1981

Mario Bližňák Sparta Praha/CZE 1987
Martin Cibák Nižnekamsk/KHL 1980
Marcel Hossa Dinamo Riga/KHL 1981
Marek Hovorka Kladno/CZE 1984
Milan Kytnár HPK/FIN 1989
Adam Lapšanský HK Poprad/SVK 1990
Patrik LuÅ¡ňák Skalica/SVK 1988
Juraj Mikúš TPS/FIN 1987
Å tefan Ružička Spartak Moskva/KHL 1985
Ján Sýkora Banská Bystrica/SVK 1990
Rastislav Å pirko Lev Poprad/KHL 1984

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Thats true and i know that. But Vujtek said, he wants to talk with Palffy.

In regard of Goalies. I think, we should slowly forget Jan Lasak. He played great games for Slovak NT, but everybody speaks about rebuilding, then they should do it. And the goalie is the most important man on ice. I would focus to Hudacek. I think, he is great. He is young, he is talented, so let him know, he is the future.
I would not write him off, at least in terms veteranship presence. We can focus on Hudacek, don't get me wrong, no problem with it, but Lasak brings a lots of experience. If anything, he is an ideal 3rd goalie.

Palffy is done with NT and to be honest I like his decision. On international level (Vancouver) he was no impact at all.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I would not write him off, at least in terms veteranship presence. We can focus on Hudacek, don't get me wrong, no problem with it, but Lasak brings a lots of experience. If anything, he is an ideal 3rd goalie.

Palffy is done with NT and to be honest I like his decision. On international level (Vancouver) he was no impact at all.

I kinda have hard times seeing Lašák being content with the 3rd goalie spot.

I personally would prefer Hamerlík/Hudáček ahead of Lašák/Å taňa. But since Vujtek and co. have actually asked Budaj whether he´s interested, if he says yes, everything´s in the stars...

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

The question is, if Lasak wants to be a 3. goalie?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/128136/vladimir-vujtek-pise-kresli-spekuluje-hlada-spravne-zlozenie/

Vujtek says 13-15 players from the roster released last week should make the WC, including goalies. He says he expects Halák and the Blues to go far in the SC PO, she´s not counting with him and mentions that Budaj should make his decision starting next week.

It seems to me that he´s only counting with Hamerlík/Hudáček/Budaj/Laco and the other two are out of question?

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I heard Vujtek say he doesnt want Budaj, cause he is not playin' in Montreal enough games and we have plenty of good goalies in Europe who actually play.

I personally agree with him on this topic.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I heard Vujtek say he doesnt want Budaj, cause he is not playin' in Montreal enough games and we have plenty of good goalies in Europe who actually play.

I personally agree with him on this topic.

Yeah, I think I remember him saying it a while ago, but the interview clearly says otherwise. Also let´s not forget that all the other goalies have not played at all for a while now either since all their teams are out of POs and the exhibition games are the only practice they will get until the WC.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Yeah, I think I remember him saying it a while ago, but the interview clearly says otherwise. Also let´s not forget that all the other goalies have not played at all for a while now either since all their teams are out of POs and the exhibition games are the only practice they will get until the WC.
That's good point. Anyway, and this is just my personal preference, I never feel comfortable with Budaj in net. He is somehow either terrible or unstoppable. And inconsistency is the worst goalie attribute.

EDIT: He talks in the interview about Jurcin, Sekera. What about Handzus? He has decent, solid season in SJ. His presence on center definitely would not hurt our team. I would not write off Kopecky either, he is almost sure bet for 1st round exit.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
That's good point. Anyway, and this is just my personal preference, I never feel comfortable with Budaj in net. He is somehow either terrible or unstoppable. And inconsistency is the worst goalie attribute.

EDIT: He talks in the interview about Jurcin, Sekera. What about Handzus? He has decent, solid season in SJ. His presence on center definitely would not hurt our team. I would not write off Kopecky either, he is almost sure bet for 1st round exit.

Well, inconsistency is a common trait among Slovak goalies and players as a whole...:D

I think he is counting with them in case they´re out of PO, but all NHL forwards and even Handzuš might make it there, so it makes no sense to concentrate on that right now. Vujtek is concentrating on building the Euro team instead of waiting who might or might not come, which I like. There will be time to sort the NHL guys once it´s clear whether they´re in PO or after the 1st round. I´m sure Handzuš would be welcomed as long as he´s atcually interested himself.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Peter Budaj won't join the NT for the WC in Finland/Sweden. No doubt Budaj is a great person, but he chose a bad team to play for. Unfortunately they think in Montréal Canadiens, Carey Price is the new Patrick Roy :shakehead. 13 games is really a small number.
http://www.hokej.sk/reprezentacia/clanok96746-Budaj_sa_uz_rozhodol_na_MS_nepocestuje.htm?

So it's time for Hudáček and Hamerlík (maybe Laco). It will be high pressure on them, but it's a chance to show up. Show must go on :nod:.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad