GDT: Slightly More than Half-Assed: Hurricanes @ Devils

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'm a little more content on not going full firesale because of Lou's comments about the summer...it seems he's going to be really aggressive in trades...I wouldn't be shocked at all if our 1st is in play and we go after a Seguin deal like Dallas did.

I would try to acquire as many picks as possible... And then trade them at the draft when they have the most value

also.. Do you have the link to the quotes about Lou in the summer ? Didnt see it

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Just too many teams above us going for one spot. If they sweep through Friday night and the Bruins get blown out for another 3 games, then ya I guess you start believing. But the idiots above us need to lose too...

Two weeks ago none of the other idiots were in the discussion except Florida. Even they were 5 points behind. The best thing that happens is that it makes the playoff race more exciting. I cant complain.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 5m5 minutes ago
Larsson on #NJDevils playoff hopes: "We know we have a chance here, and we're fighting for it."

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m1 minute ago Newark, NJ
Lou Lamoriello says Keith Kinkaid should be fine. Felt something in lower part of his leg. Should be OK for Monday.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Larsson on #NJDevils playoff hopes: "We know we have a chance here, and we're fighting for it."

Lou Lamoriello says Keith Kinkaid should be fine. Felt something in lower part of his leg. Should be OK for Monday.

Fantastic news about Kinkaid

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It all comes down to the team actually putting a winning streak together.

If they go into Columbus next week on a 5 game winning streak then lets talk.

It would be a six-game streak actually lol but yeah they pretty much do need to sweep the homestand, maybe they can drop a point against Calgary but that might be pushing it...if they do win the next two the Boston game might wind up being high noon and determine whether we buy or sell.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I have ZERO problems with Lars believing and wanting to go for it. Little things like that are good for the kid.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I would try to acquire as many picks as possible... And then trade them at the draft when they have the most value

also.. Do you have the link to the quotes about Lou in the summer ? Didnt see it

Free agency and trades are two options Lamoriello will have to explore and made it clear that he team has the salary cap space to do so with a host of players on expiring contracts.

“I don't think that's something you can actually have a formula for, but, it's not only young players, it's additional players or through trades,†Lamoriello said. “If you look at the different teams right now with cap situations and cap problems, I think the good thing for the New Jersey Devils right now also from a financial and cap situation going forward, they're in great shape.â€

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/f...m-has-cap-space-to-upgrade-forwards-1.1275387

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007

Emperor, I feel like you said that exactly last year when we were in the 5-8 point range forever, and even 2 weeks ago.:laugh:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 5m5 minutes ago
Henrique says Devils are in the race. "We're going right to the end."

So many Deboer blown leads...ugh. As bad as this team is they probably get in if Hydra was coaching all year:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It would be a six-game streak actually lol but yeah they pretty much do need to sweep the homestand, maybe they can drop a point against Calgary but that might be pushing it...if they do win the next two the Boston game might wind up being high noon and determine whether we buy or sell.

All the better haha. but we both agree. They have to sweep the homestand at this point.

The only tough game is Boston and they are clearly struggling. Losing to the Yotes right now is almost as bad as the Oilers.

Great news about Kinky. Has a week to rest a bit since I doubt he starts until next saturday.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Emperor, I feel like you said that exactly last year when we were in the 5-8 point range forever, and even 2 weeks ago.:laugh:

I did because its true. It doesn't mean they are going to do it, but if they did they would have a chance.

Hell if they did it two weeks ago they would be 4 points out right now. Instead they farted that game in Edmonton, and did nothing in the midwest so there you go.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I want to kill that game against Edmonton but honestly they have gone 9-1-2 in their last 12 home games...that one was as hideous as it gets but still.

The real problem is the March schedule gets tougher and they're not going to survive it getting outshot all but in three games (two against Buffalo). Of course the issue now is how much are they out by early next week and how much it affects Lou's thinking?

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
This team wont and quite frankly, shouldn't make the postseason but i'm not gonna complain about seeing them win (like certain types around here have)

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I did because its true. It doesn't mean they are going to do it, but if they did they would have a chance.

Hell if they did it two weeks ago they would be 4 points out right now. Instead they farted that game in Edmonton, and did nothing in the midwest so there you go.

I share the same mindset as you.:laugh: That's why I was pointing it out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Nashville game really hurts, Chicago game not as much.

Just needed to hold on for 3 or 4 minutes more for a point.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm not buying into the hype. We're a bad hockey team, although it's been refreshing to have fun watching Devils games for a change.

We should still be sellers.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Every win has value. A winning mentality is exceptionally important for the development of the youngsters. They won't make the playoffs because they just aren't good enough. But them really believing they can and playing for it is nothing but good for the present and future of the team. The feeling around the team is seemingly so much more positive recently and that is hugely important.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
Every win has value. A winning mentality is exceptionally important for the development of the youngsters. They won't make the playoffs because they just aren't good enough. But them really believing they can and playing for it is nothing but good for the present and future of the team. The feeling around the team is seemingly so much more positive recently and that is hugely important.

nah u see we should be really bad on purpose and just buy everyone XP upgrades after we sim the end of the season

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I want to kill that game against Edmonton but honestly they have gone 9-1-2 in their last 12 home games...that one was as hideous as it gets but still.

The real problem is the March schedule gets tougher and they're not going to survive it getting outshot all but in three games (two against Buffalo). Of course the issue now is how much are they out by early next week and how much it affects Lou's thinking?

Well I think Lou will look to improve the team in anyway. I think he knows rentals make no sense for us and if an actual player comes here it will be someone that can work for the long term too.

As far as selling. I still don't think Zids wants to leave no matter what so it doesn't matter. Jagr and Ryder might force Lou's hand as ask to leave which makes that easy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This I believe and when you hear those comments from Henrique and Lars it is a very good thing.

Mr.Krinkle

Hello there children
Apr 2, 2007
Kitchen

We haven't gone beyond 3 in a row in over 2 years. A 5 game streak would be the second coming of Christ. This is the worst case scenario, we're just gonna get close enough to believe we can sniff the outside of the playoffs and end up with a worse draft pick.

People talk about not wanting to sell, well that's not an option, we don't have anything to sell, that's why we suck so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad