GDT: Slightly More than Half-Assed: Hurricanes @ Devils

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

qfojKtG0_400x400.png
vs.
car_toilet.jpg

Alright, you're going to actually make me give an effort this time, are ya?

A win tonight put us within single digits of a playoff spot!

8.gif

We will also be on a 3 game winning streak, thanks to the 3 headed coaching monster!

chris-pratt-gif-3.gif

But we're playing another crappy team, how will we endure another potential snoozefest victory like against Buffalo?

giphy.gif

Stay tuned for the craptastic threequel!

200_s.gif

Tuomo Ruutu-Scott Gomez-Jaromir Jagr
Patrik Elias-Adam Henrique-Steve Bernier
Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jordin Tootoo
Dainius Zubrus-Jacob Josefson-Stephen Gionta

Andy Greene-Adam Larsson
Marek Zidlicky-Jon Merrill
Eric Gelinas-Peter Harrold

Keith Kinkaid
Cory Schneider

ronswanson.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS, BRING ME TWO MORE POINTS!

ronswanson-tiger.gif

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
LGD!!! I actually think the Devils missed Gionta, wow. Seriously, and moreso as winger Gionta and not center. Thanks be to Jacob for securing the center position.

Now if only the Zubrus could be figured out and if Jagr could get a second wind. Well on their way to ruining their lotto chances!

Also love watching the kids play well and seeing them win. Can't wait for Severson to return, and waive bye bye Harrold!

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
LGD!!! I actually think the Devils missed Gionta, wow. Seriously, and moreso as winger Gionta and not center. Thanks be to Jacob for securing the center position.

Now if only the Zubrus could be figured out and if Jagr could get a second wind. Well on their way to ruining their lotto chances!

Also love watching the kids play well and seeing them win. Can't wait for Severson to return, and waive bye bye Harrold!

Harrold actually played well last night (as much as it pains me to say that). I would love to have Severson in over him but atleast it's not Faiser on the ice! Jagr seems uninterested on the ice as of late or maybe he is feeling weaker after the sicknesses he had for a few weeks, who knows. I'm also happy Gio is back because he did bring a in your face element to the game that we have been missing for awhile now. He plays hard every second hes on and wants to win, what more could you ask for from this craptastic team composition?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And pretty big game tonight, if anyone is hoping Carolina can catch us in the standings, then we need to lose this one. We win this and we are up 8 points in the standings.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Will they put Fraser in tonight for Gelinas? :badidea:

Kids clothing is 40% off tonight in the Devils Den stores (aside from jerseys).
The cynic in me says someone is at The Rock now raising all price tags 40%. :skeptic:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I can't root for my team to lose, so let's go Devils! Let's have a three game win streak and try not to make it too boring! :handclap:

It's really not possible. I was thinking about this the other day. If in the last game of the season a loss would mean the number one pick and a win would mean the number two, I would still be rooting for them to win. Even if I wonder about it before the game, during the game I root 100% for them to win. It literally is not possible for me to root against them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Carolina is playing well of late and they dominated us in puck/territorial possession and in SOG the last two times we played them this season.

Will take a great effort and a few bounces to win tonight.

Hope they can give Kinkaid some goal support, only in the Florida game they have thus far.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I paid money to see this game tonight? What the hell was I thinking?!?!?!

Now I'm REALLY annoyed I chose to use yesterday's game as a buyback and kept today's game with all the snow coming down in Morris County now :rant:

Probably going to be a of no-shows tonight.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It's really not possible. I was thinking about this the other day. If in the last game of the season a loss would mean the number one pick and a win would mean the number two, I would still be rooting for them to win. Even if I wonder about it before the game, during the game I root 100% for them to win. It literally is not possible for me to root against them.

Yeah, that's how I am. I can't stop myself from being happy when the Devils score. It's how I'm wired.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Even if the team was composed of the biggest POS's and lazy players? I was exactly like that at first but I like maybe 3-4 players on the Leafs and them scoring makes me happy, the rest of them just piss me off.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Even if the team was composed of the biggest POS's and lazy players? I was exactly like that at first but I like maybe 3-4 players on the Leafs and them scoring makes me happy, the rest of them just piss me off.

It's about the crest on the front, not the name on the back. Lots of these guys piss me off nightly and I'd love to get them out of here, but right now they are Devils and I can't help but root for that logo.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

Post of the month (RIGHT HERE)

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
It's hard to believe these lines can actually win national hockey league games, but I'm not complaining. Let's go Devils!

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
If only we beat Edmonton... 6 points back vs 8 points back is a huge difference in my opinion.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The next 5 games are winnable... Really wish we beat the Oilers, especially since we'd be getting Severson back which will make us a much stronger team.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The next 5 games are winnable... Really wish we beat the Oilers, especially since we'd be getting Severson back which will make us a much stronger team.

It happens. Still plenty of hockey to play left. 2 other teams got themselves in to a shot for the playoffs. The team needs to take it one game at a time. The Bruins play Chicago next game and are missing Krejci. Will be a tough game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Now I'm REALLY annoyed I chose to use yesterday's game as a buyback and kept today's game with all the snow coming down in Morris County now :rant:

Probably going to be a of no-shows tonight.

Fyi 280 in the oranges and Newark is clear blacktop now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad