Slavin wins Lady Byng

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Don't usually give a crap about this trophy but very happy Slavin won. A single minor all season long while being, in my opinion, the best defensive defenseman in the league. That's impressive stuff. He must be the first d-man to win it in a while as well. Campbell the last one?

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Good to see they are finally recognizing defenceman for this award. It was decades between Red Kelly and Brian Campbell, and the latter only came after a failed attempt to give it to Lidstrom in his final year. But seems the voters realized defencemen actually can win this, which is good to see.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Here I thought that NYI were going to collectively win the award....

But seriously though, it feels weird when the right person wins the awards. He's who I'd have picked.

Reactions: DaveG and bh53

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Here I thought that NYI were going to collectively win the award....

But seriously though, it feels weird when the right person wins the awards. He's who I'd have picked.

Honestly, he was the only choice, and the voting reflected that. It's not even about the PIM. The guy is, quite literally, the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

The only time I've ever heard anyone saying anything bad about him was the weird Twitter crusade that came about when he adopted his daughter.

Reactions: DaveG

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Honestly a trophy I would never want to win as a player.

Very impressive for a dman to win it with so few penalties. Slavin is an excellent dman.

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad