Slavin wins Lady Byng

Love

Feb 29, 2012

How did Slavin beat the guy who revealed himself to a security guard in public and a guy who should’ve been suspended a couple months ago? What a travesty :sarcasm:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Vegas should have won this award. They are the cleanest team in the league and they are never given penalties by the refs!

Reactions: Neighbor Lee

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Watching his interview now...

Yeah, I bet he is the nicest guy in the NHL

Probably one of the many reasons the Bolts eliminated the Canes:
Carolina has a legit 'nice guy' playing for them on the blue line! :laugh:

I mean, congrats to Slavin.
But give me a 'hair on his teeth', nasty, not nice to play against, Cro Magnon knuckledragger player (but who can still play hockey), on the blue line on my playoff team any day of the week! ;)

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
What the hell?! Why didn't Matthews win this one? :huh:
It was clearly set up for Matthews to win it as he was nominated alongside 2 unknown jobbers, so there would be no controversy when Matthews wins it... Wonder what happened that made the voters change their mind and give it to this Slavin guy?!

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
What the hell?! Why didn't Matthews win this one? :huh:
It was clearly set up for Matthews to win it as he was nominated alongside 2 unknown jobbers, so there would be no controversy when Matthews wins it... Wonder what happened that made the voters change their mind and give it to this Slavin guy?!

I am pretty sure if you prorated the votes, Matthews would have won it. :sarcasm:

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
So proud of this young man! His gameplay this season was conducted throughout with the utmost cordiality. Such an amazing honor.

Last edited:

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Very sad that Damien Cox can't read. The award says "high" standard of playing ability not "highest". Nowhere in the description does it say you get extra consideration if you are 2% better than another player lmfao. It says if you meet the requirement of a high standard of playing ability, then out of those people, you choose who has the most gentlemanly conduct.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
I don't get why anyone would badmouth an award meant to honor sportsmanship? Besides the positive implications of talking to youth (about the value of respecting the game, and opponents, and rules) who are learning the game and players, isn't it a good thing that sports leagues want to show that you can play at a high level AND be a great person at the same time?

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad